Job Title: IT Architect
Salary: £50,000 - £70,000 depending on experience
My client is one of the UK's leading engineering & technical support businesses within the Aviation & Transport Sector, working on various projects in Airports, Rail, Transport, Energy, Utilities across multiple locations globally.
This is a great opportunity to join their digital team, working with one of the leading technology consultancies in the built environment. Their independence and market knowledge in addition to technical skills has created a world leading reputation.
As a part of the Digital Consulting service that you would join, you would guide clients in the optimum use of technology. Help develop their vision into tangible architecture and then to successful reality. Based in the UK predominantly in London, but also overseas, providing IT Strategy, Big Data, GIS, Infrastructure and audio-visual advisory services. Solution Architecture and or Enterprise Architecture.
Your capabilities will include business and systems analysis; formulating architectural solutions and approaches; and developing these into specifications sufficiently detailed to allow clients to undertake procurement.
Sometimes you will work within a multi-disciplinary team; on other occasions you may lead the delivery of Digital projects to clients and you will be expected to work effectively with minimal supervision
You will work on a variety of assignments related to information systems strategy, architecture, integration, requirements specification and high-level design.
- You are likely to have a first or higher degree qualification in a subject related to information technology or communications engineering and/or high-level certifications from major vendors or authorities such as BCS and/or the OpenGroup.
- Your academic qualifications will preferably have been augmented by a minimum of 5 years of work in a services consulting environment or equivalent.
- You are likely to have achieved, or to be demonstrably close to achieving, Chartered status as an engineer or an IT professional.
- In addition to your broad strategy and architectural skills, you will also bring specialist knowledge of one or more relevant subject areas, such as Enterprise Architecture and Solution Architecture.
- The client stakeholders in this work are frequently senior and, in addition to strong technical skills you must possess excellent written, presentational and influencing skills.
- You may have an IT specific qualification like TOGAF, ArchiMate and/or ITIL.
- Aviation or Rail Sector Working Experience Desirable
In return you will be working with a leading global engineering organisation that really focuses on supporting and developing their staff. Their work is innovative and cutting edge
Proactive Technical recruitment are a specialist multi branched recruitment consultancy covering the full spectrum of temporary and permanent staffing within the technical sector. We specialise in innovative recruitment solutions for some of the UK's most high profile businesses, offering a complete service to employers and candidates for all aspects of temporary and permanent work.
We believe it is vital to understand your industry to best understand your requirements, so we have structured our business into specialist divisions, each with their own dedicated areas of expertise.
These Divisions include - Automation, Airports, FMCG, Manufacturing, Building Services, M&E Trades and Transportation.
Our experienced consultants offer a personalised recruitment service to guide you through every stage of the recruitment process, while our career advice ensures you successful find the position you are searching for.
If you have the above skills and wish to be considered for this position or find out more details then please contact Martin Brownless on 0203 0175114 or submit your CV to
I will endeavour to contact all applicants however if you do not hear from me within two weeks then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful.
Proactive also offer a referral scheme for successful applicants - if you know anyone that could be suited to this position then please contact Proactive with their details and if they are placed by Proactive you will receive between £100-500. *T&Cs apply*
Proactive Technical Recruitment is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer.
Proactive Technical Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76050163