Software Delivery Engineer
We are currently looking to appoint a Software Delivery Engineer who will be an experienced practitioner of Software Delivery through automation, looking to move the society forwards in its journey to deliver software solutions efficiently through automation and CI/CD processes and tooling.
With a strong understanding of the challenges of efficient and consistent software build and deploy, this team member will be a key contributor in defining best practice solutions to enable continuous integration across multiple technology stack including Windows, Middleware and Cloud.
Demonstrating a keen DevOps mindset, they will help lead our engineering teams move towards a collaborative model for delivery through adoption of automated improvements in CI/CD, adoption of metrics and team ownership of solutions.Essential Skills and Experience:
- Strong software engineering background with experience in either .NET or Java technologies.
- Strong experience in toolset that supports automated software delivery (i.e. GitHub, GoCD, Jenkins, JIRA, Confluence)
- Proven experience in working with VCS solutions such as Git
- Experience with pipeline technologies such as Jenkins or GoCD
- Experience of building either Microsoft .NET and Java application stacks
- Windows Server and/or Linux/UNIX exposure
- Experience of Agile development methodologies
- Strong analytical and design skills
- Experience of using JIRA and Confluence
- Experience of working in financial services
- Experience of automated configuration tools such as Chef, Puppet or Ansible
- Experience of working in the financial sector
- Cloud adoption experience
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76038013