I am currently recruiting a Client Accountant on a 6-9 month fixed term contract, working for a global property company based in the City of London.
The Commercial Property Management department manages in excess of 4,000 properties on behalf of clients/landlords, within all sectors. This encompasses an approximate rent roll of £2.4BN and circa 26,750 tenants across the UK.
Regional offices service both local and national clients. For Property Management Finance, the regional teams are currently based in London City, Manchester, Glasgow, Birmingham & Peterborough. Support teams work alongside, the Treasury function (cash/processing transactions) is centralised in the Manchester office. The Service Charge Team is based in London City.
The primary function of the role is to control the finances of client monies held (on behalf of Investors) in order to manage a property portfolio. The Client Accountant has the ultimate responsibility for all cash held within their clients portfolio, including rents and any service charge, sinking fund, deposits, VAT etc. The Client Accountant is to work within a team and take responsibility (solely or occasionally jointly with another CA) for an allocated client/property portfolio and to manage this accordingly in line with tasks detailed below.
The client selection includes national contracts serviced from the each office. Savills client information is predominately held on MRI but the role may require personnel to work on one or more of our clients own Property Management systems.
Client Accountant, City of London
Roles and Duties
Key tasks and responsibilities include the following:
- Periodic reporting to clients (standard reports plus additional as required)
- Ensure accurate reconciliation of client reports (i.e. VAT, client statement etc)
- Maintain professional working relationships with clients and ensure that good client service is delivered.
- Instruct Treasury department (following the relevant approvals) of the following:
- Demand Rent, Service charge and other monies from Tenants
- Collection of monies
- Transfer of Rent monies to client
- Amendments to Client Accounts
- Payment of client property related transactions
- General maintenance of client funds i.e. tenant refunds etc
- Update the annual service charge budgets in accordance with internal KPIs
- Manage and maintain the Service charge funds of each property under remit
- Manage and maintain the property and tenant (lease) database for all clients under remit
- Manage housekeeping of Lease data and financial data on databases.
- Ensure that cash-flow/funding for each property service charge is adequate
- Liaise with property Service Charge Team to ensure completion of service charges within best practice guidelines.
- Deal appropriately with any property transfers as per internal guidelines.
- Understand and clear outstanding items as indentified on the annual balance sheet.
- Carry out frequent housekeeping and cleansing of all cash balances held.
- monitor cash handling income in accordance with compliance team's instruction
- Ensure full understanding of all current, updated and newly created Internal Procedures that relate to the accounts function
- Ad-hoc tasks/projects instructed by Client Accounts Manager and Head of Property Finance UK.
- Ad-hoc tasks/projects instructed by Management
- Ad-hoc tasks/projects instructed direct by Client
- Ad-hoc tasks/projects instructed by Client Accountant Team Leader
- In addition to the tasks described above, the job holder may be required to carry out other duties as may reasonably be required from time to
- Maintain any qualifications required for your role
- Maintain membership of any required professional bodies
- Have at least 2 years experience in Property Management Accounting
- Have at least 2 years experience of Property Management systems
- Strong accounting/financial skills to at least technician/part qualified or qbe.
- Excellent organisation skills
- Excellent time management skills
- Excellent attention to details skills
- Excellent communicator
- Strong team player
The successful candidate will be paid between £32,000 - £36,000 depending on experience
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76127918