A great opportunity for an aspiring PHP Developer to join a great FinTech client in the heart of Surrey!
Details about the Client
Uncle Buck has been providing online short term cash loans since 2004 and during this time our product offering has evolved to meet our customer's needs. Our unsecured loans are designed to meet emergency cash flow needs and our aim is too provide a straightforward solution to these needs with a simple online application process and same day loan funding.
Detailed Job Description
As a PHP Developer, your main responsibility is for the production, modification and maintenance of back end applications. This involves working closely with Website Developers and designers, to ensure the website and applications are built as specified.
You'll also work closely with the UAT Coordinator to test your server-side code. Your focus will be on team goals, customer value and looking at the bigger picture.
- Helping to build functional requirements, technical design and implement application features;
- Field questions and solve problems for user support and client services;
- Participate in design and code reviews;
- Integration of user-facing elements developed by the Website Developers, with server side logic;
- Building reusable code and libraries for future use;
- Optimisation of the application / database for maximum speed and scalability;
- Implementation of efficient, secure and scalable software;
- Build and maintain functional apps for the business;
- Building and modification of API's to enable system integration;
- Reporting on server load and other valuable statistics;
- Solve complex scalability, platform and integration problems;
- Be actively involved in company projects, to ensure the Development function is actively promoted.
- Minimum 3 year's full time experience in PHP development;
- Must be conversant with both object orient and procedural coding;
- Minimum 3 years' full time experience MySQL database design, optimisation and development (not necessarily a full DBA skillset);
- Excellent knowledge of Integration and exchange protocols (ex. * Strong knowledge of application security is essential (preferred experience with PCI DSS compliant systems);
- Basic Unix command line knowledge essential;
What's on offer
An excellent base salary, great benefits with superb career progression opportunities. CVs under review now!
Where specific UK qualifications are required we will take into account overseas equivalents. All third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page.
Ref Code: MPTJ13857252Z
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76124549