Tax Senior - Hertfordshire - Circa £40,000 Per annum
Job Title: Tax Senior
Location: Hertfordshire (SG1)
Salary: Circa £40,000
Contract: Permanent - Full Time
The successful candidate will be responsible for own portfolio of clients for all day to day aspects of the corporation and personal tax compliance function. Assist other senior team members in the provision of other compliance work, managing and developing more junior staff.
Main responsibilities for the role are;
- Corporation tax computations at provision and final stage
- Corporation, partnership and overseas landlord tax returns
- Drafting tax disclosures notes and preparing deferred tax computations for inclusion in the financial statements
Review relevant aspects of draft financial statements at the provisional stage; consider tax matters arising from the financial statements, such as transfer pricing issues Deal with HMRC correspondence including reviewing/preparing letters for review
- Build and maintain good working relationships with clients and colleagues within the firm
- Responsible for all other aspects of internal finance management compliance for own portfolio of clients, including initiation of payment advice letters and review of WIP and preparation of fee proposals; assist with debt collection
- Communicating with clients to obtain relevant information or to resolve queries, dealing with Know your Client and other compliance matters etc.
- Ensure deadlines are met and issues or difficulties that arise are brought to the attention of the senior team members; liaise with senior team members to regularly communicate progress of work
- Develop knowledge of UK and other taxation matters; develop an ability to carry out research and problem solve by using HMRC manuals, tax legislation and other material in addition to seeking advice from more senior members of the department
- Delegate work to more junior members of staff as appropriate and provide direction and support in respect of all aspects of consultancy and compliance work
Qualified accountant (ACA / ACCA or equivalent) or qualified tax advisor (CTA).}
Prior experience with CCH is adventurous
Competent with Microsoft Office computer applications
Strong organisational and time management skills
Able to influence internal / external clients and colleagues
Proven planning and prioritising skills
Keen to add value to our clients’ businesses
Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
Aware of own personal development and contributes towards it
23 Days annual leave – Pension – Annual bonus
Should you be short listed for this position, a member of the Smart10 team will be in touch with you in the next five working days. Good luck with your application!
Smart10 Ltd is a "Multi Award Winning" and independently run recruitment consultancy which specialises in both permanent and temporary positions across all Business Support roles. Smart10 have become renowned as one of Hertfordshire's most dynamic recruitment companies. As a business, we won the Judges Award in 2012, Best New Business Award in 2013 and 'Business Person of The Year in 2016, at The Hertfordshire Business Awards, for being the most "promising" and "innovative" company within Hertfordshire.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76030881