Credit Controller (Domestic Function)
Domestic Credit Control position | Syston | £18,000 | Large Energy Business
An excellent permanent Credit Control job located in Syston, working for a well-established energy company.
Your new company
You will be working for a renowned energy business that has built lasting relationships with its huge range of clients all across the UK.
They pride themselves on offering an unparalleled service and maintaining the relationships they have built with their wide range of clients.
Your new role
The ideal candidate will be well organised and self-motivated to join a busy Domestic Credit Control team. The role is varied and will require you to work on your own initiative and possess excellent time management skills.
Further to this you will have a flexible approach and be able to prioritize your own workload in order to meet deadlines and deal with simultaneous demands. Additionally you will have excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
Some of the duties will include but are not limited to:
- Taking ownership on a portfolio of Direct Debit accounts
- Reviewing accounts to make sure all the correct actions have been taken for the customers Direct Debit to review automatically
- Authorising release of orders where credit limits have been exceeded or accounts have been placed 'on stop'(in accordance with pre-determined guidelines)
- Dealing with accounts which the system has failed to review, addressing large balances and unallocated cash as a priority
- Liaise with other departments to resolve queries and disputes (causing payment delays) in a timely manner
- Dealing with a high volume of inbound and outbound calls
- Completing tasks in a timely manner in accordance with set deadlines
- Answering customer enquires in accordance to our business SLA
- Liaising with customers regarding bounced/rejected Direct Debit payments and closed Direct Debit instructions
What you'll need to succeed
To thrive in this role you must have extensive experience in credit control procedures from start to finish, while also being comfortable with other accounting elements.
Additionally the candidate must have knowledge of Sage, Microsoft Office and Excel competency and be keen to develop and progress their career.
You must be accurate and punctual, whilst being able to immerse yourself in the company's upbeat environment.
Further to this you will have:
- Good computer skills including Outlook, Word & Excel
- Previous Credit Control experience essential
- Excellent customer service skills
- Experience of dealing with a high volume of customer accounts and associated call volume
- Excellent telephone manner
- Ability to demonstrate numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Must be able to work both individually and as part of a team
What you'll get in return
As part of this vibrant organization you will receive a competitive salary along with a generous employee privilege package. This includes but is not limited to a competitive salary, a comprehensive employee training package, free parking, on-site canteen and pension scheme.
Additionally you will become part of a lively and energetic credit control team, working in a safe and comfortable environment.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this brilliant opportunity, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now on (0)116 251 2288 for a confidential discussion on your career journey.
If this job isn't quite right for you, please contact your local Hays office for a confidential discussion on your career to explore further opportunities.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76120143