SEND Teacher - SEN School - East London
We are currently working with an SEN school in Hackney, East London. They are currently looking to recruit an experienced SEN teacher who is available to start as soon as possible. The position will initially run to the end of this academic year (July 2018) and may become permanent for the right candidate.
The school is for primary and secondary aged students with statements of Special Educational Needs, often on the autism spectrum with complex needs. The leadership at the school lead by example, assisting the committed staff and working as a team, ensuring students are sufficiently challenged and supported to achieve their full potential.
Each classroom is led by the teacher and supported by numerous teaching/support assistants. A team of SENCos, physiotherapists, speech and language and occupational therapists work alongside the teachers to guarantee that pupils' needs are met and that programs are reviewed and improved if necessary. There is a community feel to the school and they encourage parents and families to be fully involved in the school's events.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, prepare and deliver a range of lessons and evaluate these activities to inform future learning. Develop programs in line with the National Curriculum and ensure we meet the diverse needs and interests of each child.
- Direct the teaching assistant assigned to the class and work supportively and collaboratively as part of this small team.
- Liaise with the SENCO and follow through recommendations. Where appropriate, integrate individual and therapeutic goals into lessons.
- Work in close partnership with parents.
- Behave in a warm and friendly, yet professional manner towards colleagues, children and parents.
Qualifications and Experience
- 2+ years' experience teaching children who have special and/or additional needs.
- Teacher Qualification - QTS or equivalent.
- Taught early literacy and numeracy skills to children with special needs.
Skills and Personal Attributes
- Have a good understanding of best practice for children with special needs
- Ability to develop and deliver effective programs for the pupils and be responsive to their needs
- Warm and caring personality - friendly and approachable to families, staff and children.
- Highly motivated, reliable and commitment to high standards.
The school is within walking distance of 2 mainline overground train stations and a number of popular bus routes.
Staff must ensure that they follow school policies, guidance and regulations to safeguard children and young people. The successful candidate must have an Enhanced DBS certificate signed up to the Online Update Service, and if not, must be prepared to apply for a new Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate.
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to Tom Meredith at Veritas Education.
Veritas Education are currently working on various vacancies so even if this one doesn't fit your exact requirements, we may have something more suitable for you. Please send through your CV or give me a call so we can discuss other opportunities.***Veritas Education offer competitive rates of pay***
APPLICATION REQUIREMENTS FOR VERITAS EDUCATION
- All applications are subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, professional reference checks, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) in line with our stringent safeguarding policy
- Your CV must cover the last 10 years of employment history where possible and all employment breaks must be explained
- You must have legal right to work in the UK
- You must be willing to attend a registration interview
Veritas Education work with a variety of schools covering a wide geographical area. We deal with teaching placements at Primary, Secondary and college level as well as support staff positions also within these.
'Nothing within the above advert was in any way designed or intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation. Veritas Education is an Equal opportunities employer and is proud in the knowledge that all placements are made on merit and suitability. We accept applications from all sections of the community.'
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76096183