A Software Engineer with solid skills in C/C++ for embedded products is required to work a permanent basis for our defence client based in Surrey.
This is a brilliant opportunity to work with a well-respected company in the defence and marine science industry.
Overview of the Software Engineer role
The client produces underwater products and specialise in optical, acoustic and physical sensors - with work typically consisting of embedded instrument firmware for data acquisition and Windows user interface.
Key skills required for the Software Engineer
- Bachelor's degree (2:1 or above) in computer science or embedded electronic engineering related courses (or equivalent).
- Solid hands on coding skills in C/C++ for embedded products.
- Firmware and software generation and maintenance from initial concept through to delivery, fully tested and documented.
- Understanding of communications protocols preferred (TCP/IP), Serial, USB, etc.
- Windows GUI development with Microsoft Visual studio.
- Python development.
- Understanding of sensor interfaces and data acquisition systems.
- Ability to read and understand schematics of basic electronics.
- FPGA development (Verilog).
- Experience with Raspberry Pi or similar embedded Linux platforms.
- Ability to use test equipment such as oscilloscope, DVM, etc.
- Proven commercial experience and an understanding of the full product development lifecycle.
- Previous experience in instrument development.
The role is based in Surrey - commutable from Twickenham, Chertsey, Weybridge, Epsom, Croydon, Mitcham, Redhill, Reigate, Guildford, Woking, Slough, Uxbridge, Harrow and London.
If you are a Software Engineer looking for a new role either apply online or if would like to find out about other electronics opportunities please contact Ashley Hamriding on or call 0161 694 9202.
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a 'one-stop shop' to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76118491