Java Developer (Senior) Kafka Hadoop
Java Developer / Senior Java Software Engineer (Big Data Kafka Hadoop Web). Ground-breaking technology leader / eCommerce site is seeking a passionate Senior Java Developer. You will work throughout the full development lifecycle to design and develop cutting-edge, highly scalable systems.
As a Senior Java Developer you will work across the full stack from HTTP services, design and implementation of data pipelines / lifecycles using Kafka; Hadoop infrastructure; distributed key-value storage (Voldemort, Cassandra). You will deliver a consumer facing website with incredibly low latency across multiple data centres with petabyte datasets and circa 500 million users.
Based in Central London, this is an exciting opportunity to work on ground breaking products within a collaborative team environment in fantastic offices with a range of onsite facilities.
- Indepth knowledge of core Java, including low-level systems
- Passionate technologist who likes to break things to understand how they work
- Good knowledge of distributed systems
- Excellent communication and collaborative team player
- Interest and desire to work with Big Data technologies such as the Hadoop eco-system (MapReduce, Crunch, hive, Pig, Implala, YARN, MR2)
- Desirable: Kafka, HDFS, Lambda, experience with near real-time big data analytics, Scala
As a Java Developer / Java Software Engineer you can expect to earn a highly competitive salary (to £100k) plus a range of benefits.
Send your CV or call 020 7090 2585 for an informal discussion about this Java Developer / Java Software Engineer opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76122726