C++ Software Developer
C++ - Software Development Engineer - VoIP communications
A Software Development Engineer with C++ and VoIP Comms is required to work on a three month contract, with the possibility of extension for our Defence client based in Southampton.
This is an initial 3-month contact with a leading UK Defence company.
Overview of the Software Development Engineer contract role
You will work as part of a cross-discipline team to deliver a secure communications project. You will be given responsibility for your own work, and your own development. The role will include a combination of tasks, dependant on the specific project placement.
There will be opportunities to develop expertise in all phases of the software development lifecycle, from developing models through to acceptance testing.
Key skills required for the Software Development Engineer
- Degree Educated in either a Computing/Engineering/Maths/Science discipline
- Industry software development using C++.
- Realtime embedded software development experience using C++
- Working in a fully Agile team using Atlassian JIRA
- Experience of working with VoIP communications
- Experience of web development/management
- GUI software development experience using C++ in Microsoft Visual Studio environment
- Design solutions for complex systems
- Implement, test and debug software for complex systems
- Fix software problems for complex systems
- Provide concise and clear status reporting to the Software Team Lead
- Atlassian Crucible / Fisheye
- Requirements Management tools eg DOORS
- UML model development tools e.g. Rhapsody
- Experience of developing in a Linux environment, Bash/Zsh
- Experience of using Git
The role is based in Southampton - Commutable from Portsmouth, Cowes, Isle of Wight, Salisbury, Winchester, Andover, Basingstoke, Guildford, Aldershot, Crawley, Horsham, Brighton, Worthing, Chichester
If you are a Software Developer looking for a new contract either apply online or if would like to find out about other Software opportunities please contact Kris Foston on or phone 0161 694 9200
Do you know anyone who might be looking for a new role? You could benefit from our candidate referral scheme. Contact me on the above contact details for more information.
Outsource. Our People. Your Success.
Outsource UK is one of the country's largest and most successful independent recruitment consultancies, specialising in the IT, Digital, Financial Services and Engineering sectors.
We recruit talented people for contract and permanent opportunities, offer a consultative approach and have a reputation for providing a superior service to both clients and candidates.
The business focuses on building long lasting relationships based on reliability and trust. We do this by hiring and retaining a great team of recruitment consultants who listen and understand our client's and candidate's needs.
Our Manchester office (which covers the whole of the UK) provides a 'one-stop shop' to clients and candidates operating in the engineering and manufacturing sectors and, in addition to Engineers, we source and provide temporary/contract and permanent opportunities for IT, Programme Management and Support Professionals (including Procurement / Purchasing / Supply Chain, HR, Finance and Administrative Support).
Please visit our website www.outsource-uk.co.uk
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76068671