Senior IT Technician
Sue Ross Recruitment are handling an exciting permanent opportunity working for a leading firm based in Sheffield.
Due to expansion they are looking to recruit a Senior IT Technician.
Reporting to the IT Director, responsibilities will include the maintenance of the company servers, improvement of the group network infrastructure and assisting with the day-to-day maintenance of over 350 workstations. This role offers excellent potential for further training and the opportunity to work in a highly creative and fast-paced firm. The role will involve out of hours support when required.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Servers and Windows Operating Systems
- Microsoft Exchange 2013
- Microsoft Certification (MCSA, MCTS, MCITP) is essential.
- Advanced knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
- Full exposure to VMware
- Linux operating systems specifically Redhat/CentOs
- Working competency of Veeam and Backup Solutions such as Backup exec
- An understanding of Lync/Skype for Business
- Knowledge of Cisco Call Manager
- A good understanding and working competency of SharePoint 2013
- Good knowledge and a solid understanding of Apple Mac
- Good communication skills and the ability to quickly deal with SLA?s
- Customer problems and queries in a Windows and Apple Mac mixed environment
- Knowledge of Backup Solutions such as Backup exec
- Ability to provide Microsoft Office and printer support
- Working knowledge of centralized anti-virus servers such as McAfee, Forefront, TMG etc.
- Full driving licence is essential
- Any knowledge of Alienbrain, Perforce, SVN and other Asset management software
- Knowledge of Microsoft TFS, Confluence, Teamcity and any other bug tracking software
- An understanding and basic use of SQL
- Knowledge of Microsoft SCCM
- CCNA Certification would be beneficial
- Configuration of Routers, Switches, Network-Layout and Topology
- Excellent Knowledge of VPNs and remote access, WAN links, MPLS
- Autodesk and Adobe products (Photoshop, 3ds Max, Maya and Illustrator)
- Other certifications such as ITIL are also welcomed
Unfortunately due to the number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide individual feedback to all applicants. Please assume that if you do not hear from us within 72 hours that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion.
May we take this opportunity to thank you for expressing an interest in one of our roles and wish you the very best in your search for employment.
This job was originally posted as www.jobsite.co.uk/job/958213770