IT Support Apprentice
Did you know Wireless Internet was founded in 1990?
Looking to learn more?
Baltic Training and Performance Horizon are excited to be recruiting for fresh talent to join their team of experts based in Newcastle City Centre! As a leading provider of SaaS solutions for Digital partner marketing and working with clients including Google, Expedia and Marriot, Performance Horizon are looking for an eager to learn IT Support Apprentice to gain valuable work-experience whilst working towards industry led training.
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow" Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- To assist in all aspects relating to the care and maintenance of computing, audio, visual, photocopying and telephone equipment across the PH Group.
- To provide first line helpdesk support to staff for hardware, software, audio-visual, photocopiers and telephone equipment.
- To assist the Internal IT Engineers in, setting up, maintenance and repair of computers, audio-visual equipment, computer-linked equipment and computer-related equipment.
- To install and configure software applications.
- To help produce and maintain I.T statistics, reports, checklists and other documentation as necessary.
- To help maintain appropriate stock levels of computer consumables and accessories and to raise purchase orders as necessary ensuring that value for money is obtained.
Training to be Provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- CompTIA A+
- ITIL Foundation
- Cloud Services and Disaster Recovery
- Coding and Logic
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required:
- 5 GCSE's A-C grades, including Math's and English
- Enthusiastic, hardworking and determined nature
- Ability to work well under pressure & work to given deadlines and targets
- Organised and Proactive
The future is bright:
Upon completion of the programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits:
- £150 per week
- Full time (37.5 Hours per week)
Location and Travel:
This role is located in central Newcastle with easy transport access across the City.
About Baltic Training:
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, just as much as we do. They just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's exactly what we help them to do.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76104937