Design Engineer - Prototype Renewable Energy device
A brilliant opportunity has arisen to become an integral part of an innovative renewable energy organisation, the company have developed a product that can harness the power produced by the ocean and effectively convert it into clean, renewable energy. This product has the capability of being far superior in terms of consistency to that of wind and solar. This a great chance to join a professional and tight nit team who all share the passion and drive to develop this product.
Our client is seeking an experienced Design Engineer to join their development team. The successful candidate will work closely with both the in-house engineering team and supplier engineering departments to develop a full scale mechanical design package of the device.
- Create large and complex CAD assembly models
- Design detailed component parts
- Work with suppliers to import or package model parts of the machine
- Create detailed drawings of the machine and its components.
- Perform strength and fatigue analysis using FEM tools
- Support procurement activities including component and supplier selection
- Support factory acceptance testing of device components
- Create detailed technical specifications.
- Carry out design calculations and complete associated reports for review
- Manage the process of design releases from initiation to approval, through to storage and distribution.
- Degree/HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering or related discipline.
- Solid experience high complexity CAD assembly models and detailed CAD component design.
- A track record of successfully delivering projects through the entire cycle from planning / designing to manufacturing & assembly of components / machines.
- Able to produce high quality CAD drawings of both components and large assemblies.
- Excellent mechanical design capabilities and good understanding of materials and manufacturing processes.
Advantageous for the role
- A genuine interest in Renewable Energies
- Preferred CAD software is Inventor however, training can be provided.
- Ability to carry out stress and fatigue analysis (FEA/CFD) in the product design suite.
- Experience of designing marine vessels / systems or offshore engineering.
- Experience of geometric tolerancing.
- Experience of the renewable energy field.
- Experience of quality control systems.
If you feel you hold the relevant skills and experience required for this position and would like to discuss further, please call Jake on 01792 209128 - direct line.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76135386