Gas Engineer - Commercial
Commercial Gas Engineer
Teeside based- mobile role
Salary £34,000 basic + benefits
To oversee and undertake Commercial Gas servicing Planned Preventative Maintenance (PPM), Reactive repair works, Periodic maintenance and Commercial Gas installation works to Client buildings, Plant equipment and Systems in accordance with SFG20 maintenance standards and in accordance with the latest Gas Safe Regulations. To undertake work within agreed service levels, and to provide an engineering response to client site engineering emergencies.
In addition, on occasion, to undertake a range of Planned Maintenance, Repairs to building fabric and M+E services plant including plumbing, HVAC works and handyman activities.
- Ensure that Commercial Gas Planned maintenance is carried out to all building plant.
- Respond to reactive work
- Provide competitive quotations for Capital projects which include Commercial Gas works.
- Undertake Periodic Gas servicing activities, Ventilation validation testing, Flue analysis and burner operation in line with Gas safe Guidelines and Statutory ACOPs.
- Act as training instructor for all aspects of Gas works undertaken by Apprentices and non-Gas qualified staff to safely undertake Gas related non-invasive PPM activities.
- Prepare and work to Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Supervising Subcontractors as required.
- Willingness to work on other areas of building maintenance to provide a high level of service to the client.
Salary £34,000 pa
Core Working Time 8-00am start to 4-30pm finish, with 30 minutes (unpaid) lunch
Overtime Travel time paid at 1.0x
Overtime paid at 1.5x.
Bank holiday working paid at 2x.
There is also scope for extra learning and qualifications to expand your skill set if this is of interest. Other benefits include a generous bonus scheme and an on site creche.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Commercial ACS qualifications
- Experience of Gas safe tightness testing & purging,
- Experience of installation of Gas Pipework
- Experience of emergency isolation controls and valves
- Up to date skills on building management systems, ACOP's, fire and environmental control, building control, and health and safety.
- Sound understanding and experience of meeting health and safety obligations with regard to maintenance activities
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Energy, enthusiasm and be a good self starter.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76140362