Embedded Software Engineer
EMBEDDED SOFTWARE ENGINEER (BARE METAL, MICROCONTROLLERS, EMBEDDED C)
PERMANENT, £40K-£45K + PACKAGE
My client is an Electronics Design Consultancy serving a wide range of industries as diverse as Industrial control, Medical, Automotive, LED Lighting, Audio and Home Automation.
It's a great place to work and the team are fun, approachable and very passionate about Electronics and Technology.
Due to continued growth they are seeking to hire an embedded software design engineer.
-Educated to degree level or equivalent
-Proven background in embedded software development
- Extensive knowledge of all aspects of programming in 'C'
- Ability to develop bare metal applications on modern microcontrollers
ideally with experience of ARM Cortex-M series processors
- Ability to read and understand schematics, datasheets and errata notices as they relate to
- Ability to use an oscilloscope and other test equipment to verify correct functioning of
- Skill in debugging problems and resolving issues without recourse to software debugging tools
- Good working knowledge of another programming language unrelated to 'C'
- Familiarity with revision control systems (Subversion, git etc)
- Ability to work autonomously under the guidance of senior engineers
- Good communication skills, including communication with customers
- Linux experience would be a benefit
My client offers a very friendly and upbeat working environment and, having worked closely with them on previous appointments, I am pleased to say that they have a great company culture. This would suit a personable engineer who has a genuine enthusiasm for electronics and technology and will enjoy the variety of work the company has to offer.
Commutable from: Basingstoke Hampshire Andover Aldershot Reading Newbury Guildford Farnborough Farnham Surrey
Keywords: Linux Embedded Software Engineer Firmware Microcontrollers Microprocessors Electronics Developer Programmer
STR Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75988683