Java Developer (Junior to Mid-Level)
Marlborough Fund Managers Limited was formed in 1986. The wider Marlborough Group consists of a number of businesses which provide products and services in the Financial Services arena. The Group continues to see strong positive organic growth and will look to continue to expand through further acquisitions where this is viable. The Marlborough Group has in excess of £8 Billion under management in a mixture of unit trusts, open ended investment companies (OEICs) and discretionary management portfolios.
What will you be doing in this role?
You will join the Systems Development team and who design, build and maintain Java-based solutions to support the ever growing and complex needs of the business. Our Java product is integral and critical to all areas of the business and since Marlborough is going through rapid expansion in both headcount and new business this is an exciting time for a Java Developer to join our team whilst we evolve our software platform to be scalable, resilient and in line with industry best-practices. The main duties of our role are:
- To design, build, deliver and maintain high quality software solutions for the Business
- To be effective during all phases of the software development lifecycle (requirements gathering, design, implementation, testing, delivery, training and knowledge share) in accordance with current industry best-practise.
- To work in line with company and team objectives, ensuring adherence to relevant internal procedures and FCA regulations.
- To continually evaluate and refine standards and best-practices in the Java Development Team
- To be able to present and contribute in team and project meetings
- This role provides an excellent opportunity to put your mark on a small but business critical team.
What skills and experience will you need to be considered?
- Educated to degree level in Information Technology (or related)
- Minimum 1 year of Core Java commercial experience
- Providing end user support
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Core Java
- Good understanding of OOD and Java design patterns.
- Source code management e.g. Git or similar
- SQL and Relational databases e.g. MySQL or similar
- Java Swing UI development a bonus
- Java development environments e.g. NetBeans or similar
- Full understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong team player
Why should you join Marlborough Fund Managers?
We pay a Competitive salary with annual salary reviews and our benefits include:
- 7% non-contributory pension
- Annual discretionary bonus scheme
- AXA Private Healthcare Scheme
- Death in Service at 5 x annual salary
- 35 hour working week
- Training for IOC and other relevant qualifications
- Exam completion bonus £500 (IOC)
- Study leave
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle 2 work scheme
- Eye test reimbursement
- Additional 1.5 days discretionary Christmas leave
- Christmas party and paid for social events during the year
- 13 weeks fully paid maternity leave
- 2 weeks fully paid paternity leave
- Perkbox membership - access to more than a hundred rewards, ranging from free food in major UK restaurants, to movie tickets, to phone insurance and more.
If you wish to be considered for this position, please click apply.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75989165