A challenging and exciting opportunity has arisen at Barnet Carers Centre for an experienced Finance Manager to join their growing team based in North London.
Job Title: Finance Manager
Salary: £18,545 per annum (FTE £30,909) + Benefits
Location: North Finchley, London
Job Type: Permanent - Part Time - 3 days (22.5 hours) per week
There are an estimated 33,000 people in the London Borough of Barnet caring for a family member, friend or neighbour; 1,000 are under the age of 18. Barnet Carers Centre provides information, advice and support for people caring for a family member, friend or neighbour who is ill, disabled, and frail through ageing or for other reasons is unable to manage independently. We also provide homecare services for people with their own care needs.
This key position sits within the Senior Management Team and the successful post holder will head an efficient and quality-led department. You will ensure that the systems and processes are continually developed and monitored ensuring the financial stability of the organisation.
You will be responsible for managing a team of 2 members including a Senior Finance Officer and Finance Officer. Together with an insatiable drive to succeed you will coach, support and lead your team to meet deadlines.
Finance Manager – You will demonstrate the following:
- Management experience and excellent organisational skills
- Excellent administrative and numeracy skills
- Excellent computer skills, including use of accounting computer software, Excel and Word
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of bookkeeping including dealing with salaries and petty cash transactions
- Experience of working within the voluntary sector and servicing committees and meetings
- Ability to work confidently and sensitively with a wide range of people
- Ability to work flexibly and as part of a team
- An ability to abide by and to support the Centre’s equal opportunities, confidentiality and health and safety policies
Finance Manager – You will have:
- At least 2 years’ experience of successfully managing a finance team is essential.
- Understanding of accounting principles and practice
- Excellent analytical and communication skills and be able to demonstrate accuracy and attention to detail.
- Use of QuickBooks (software used at Barnet Carers Centre)
- Experience of using CARAS or another rostering system
- An awareness and understanding of carers’ issues and experience within the voluntary sector is desirable.
The closing date for this Finance Manager opportunity is Monday 9th October 2017 and interviews will take place on Monday 16th October 2017.
To submit your CV for this exciting Finance Manager opportunity, please click ‘Apply’ now!
This role may be relevant if you have previously worked as a Financial Controller, Management Accountant, Accounts Manager or as a Financial Advisor.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76133161