Schemes Underwriting Assistant
Schemes Underwriting Assistant - £18,000 - £22,000 Shirley
9am to 17.30pm 20 days annual leave which increases by 1 day a year, Summer, Christmas events and Pension
Do you have a background in Commercial Insurance and looking to take the next step in your Insurance career?
A local company with a trusted and ever expanding brand are recruiting for an Assistant Underwriter to join their business. You will work closely with the Underwriters to assist in the management of the growing Schemes business.
This is an amazing move for anyone looking to take the next step in their insurance career, to take ownership over this role and make it their own. Full training will be provided, however you will ideally add value to the team within in a short period of time and to quickly have an understanding of the companies binding authorities.
Day to day duties will include:
- Deputise for the Underwriter and being a point of contact on technical support and guidance for more junior staff
- Assisting the Underwriter in any Ad Hoc project work required
- Assisting in reviewing new and existing scheme business to ensure compliance with insurance authorities
- Assist in checking quotations, referrals and documentation on a daily basis and ensure all administrative duties and paperwork is up to standard
- Take an active role in internal audit
To be successful within this role you will need:
- A proven track record in the Commercial Insurance/Broker field
- To have a personable nature and the ability to be a team player
- The ability to take charge and make decisions when necessary
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong IT skills (Experience with OpenGI System is an advantage)
- Strong attention to detail and a high level of accuracy
- To ideally be Cert CII qualified or progress towards
You will ideally be available immediately as we are looking to interview ASAP, so to be considered please apply today.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76129965