IT Technician Apprentice
Immersion into virtual reality is a perception of being physically present in a non-physical world
Work for the UK's leading provider of immersive spaces.
Baltic Training are excited to be working with Immersive Interaction to recruit for an IT Technician Apprentice to join their team based in Southport.
Immersive Interactive Ltd is the leading provider of interactive immersive environments with a track record of setting the standards for the industry. Immersive spaces are interactive virtual environments utilizing large scale projection, surround sound and other effects. Immersive's environments provide a flexible and engaging
learning platform for education, sensory-rooms, healthcare, training and simulation.
They are now looking for a mature and adaptable individual to join their small team.
A wise man once said, "The bigger the challenge, the bigger the opportunity to grow" Apprenticeships are built around this principle. Apprenticeships are not an easy way out, they are a commitment and a journey on which you will learn to overcome challenges and breakdown barriers.
With the help of employers, an apprenticeship offers a structured and practical approach to learning. You will train in a way that supports you, while you develop the skills you need to be successful in the fastest growing sector in the UK. If you're looking to revolutionise the way you learn, you are looking for an apprenticeship.
You will be working alongside existing staff and be mentored and trained to carry out the following duties:
- Checking and maintaining AV equipment.
- Commissioning spaces utilizing immersive and other 3rd party software.
- Basic operations training for customers.
- Covering our network of spaces across the country.
Training to be provided:
- Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship in ICT
- Level 3 Advanced Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- CompTIA A+
- ITIL Foundation
- Cloud Services and Disaster Recovery
- Coding and Logic
- Level 2 Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and ICT)
Skills and qualifications required:
- Clean UK driving license.
- Well organised and with good time management.
- Good general IT skills and comfortable quickly learning new technologies.
- Personable manner: will be interfacing with many different kinds of customers.
- Working in schools and special needs schools so clean criminal record essential.
- Experience with AV equipment including projectors a bonus.
- Experience with using ladders safely a bonus.
The future is bright
Upon completion of the 12 month programme, there are real progression opportunities available. Along with your employer, you may decide to progress onto our level 4 programme and take your training even further.
Salary, hours and benefits
- £150 per week
- Full time (37.5 Hours per week)
Location and travel
Their office is based in Central Southport close to local bus stops and train stations.
About Baltic Training
Baltic Training are the only apprentice and training provider that offer a completely tech-focused, tech driven training solution. We know there are dynamic, eager, young people out there. Young people who love this fast moving world, jsut as much as we do. The just need to transform that passion into the skills that employers need.
So that's eacatly what we help them do.
If this sound like the role for you, get in touch! When we receive your application, the talent scout for your area will be in touch to guide you through the next stage of the application process.
Good luck and we hope to hear from you soon.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76117098