Finance Business Partner
Finance Business PartnerDescription
We are recruiting for a Junior Finance Business Partner to be based in Canary Wharf, London.
This is a permanent full time role (working 37.5 hours per week). On offer is a competitive salary, and benefits package.
The Junior Finance Business Partner role is to be an effective partner to the business, providing support, challenge, expertise and a clear framework as appropriate, Reports direct to Business Partner / Senior Business Partner.
Responsibilities, skills and experience include:
- The 'face of Finance' at the local level - communicating to / from the Operating Contract to Finance.
- Assist business partner with partnering with the Contract teams by providing financial information and interpretation, undertaking proactive analytical and other investigations, contributing to developing a better understanding of the business and improving operational performance.
- Provide accounting, reporting and all necessary financial support for the sector / contract.
- Balance sheet and Cash flow forecasting
- Assist in the production of the Medium term Cash Budgets for the Central Finance Team.
- Work with contract management to ensure that plans, budgets and forecasts for the contract are both challenging and achievable.
- Under guidance from BP Partner with the contracts to shape and manage performance KPI's.
- Source and inform the central team of the specific requirements and specifications of the sector / contract.
- Assist with the delivery of all financial processes to their BU.
- Provide proactive input into contract negotiations and contract decision making initiatives.
- Attend contract / sector committees and meetings as required, including meetings with the client.
- Intervene where required to support compliance and alignment objectives.
- Drive for value at the bottom line, with a focus on revenue enhancement / protection and on cost saving opportunities.
- Drive for value at the bottom line, with a focus on revenue enhancement / protection and on cost saving opportunities
- The key responsibilities are:
- Monthly management accounts in line with current accounting standards
- Owners of P&L and Cashflow
- Studying towards qualification (CIMA, ACCA)
- Previous relevant experience in a Finance Business Partner role
- Good financial & commercial acumen
- Ability to analyse complex data with accuracy
- Good communicator and strong inter-personal skills
- Excellent problem solving, analytical and customer service skills
- Excellent planning & administration skills
- Being open to innovation and new ways of working
- Innovative thinking and can do attitude
- Strong IT skills with excellent working knowledge of ERP system e.g SAP
- MS Office including Excel, Word and Powerpoint
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76124529