Junior Software Developer Technology Solutions £20K London
This is a grad job offering up to £22K per annum depending on your level of relevant experience.
How you can expect to spend your day:
- Re-create portal front end in PHP to allow quick, dynamic development of new features and functions. Initially this will be above the existing MS SQL database and utilise the underlying queries and tables. Security, stability and speed are critical to this multi-tenant interface and the newly developed system must be able to withstand external penetration and vulnerability testing.
- Work on re-developing MSSQL database to enhance throughput and to add / enhance features including encryption and in-memory SQL tables. The newly designed database schema will follow current best practices and must include strict use of: Foreign Keys / Referential integrity, optimised indices, transactional integrity as well as being fully redundant and utilising the best available replication and high availability systems.
- Using C#, Java or even PHP to create web jobs to perform additional processing logic.
- Technical design of solutions
- Work with lead developers and wider team to clarify the requirements for the solution.
- Devise possible solutions to problems, evaluate options where appropriate.
- Ensure accurate input to estimating, planning and review processes in sprint planning and detailed design sessions.
- Development of major components of the solution, following standards and best practice to develop robust, maintainable and extensible code.
- Develop with security, data protection and high availability in mind at all times. Pro-actively seek to make the system more efficient and ensure that the company is protected against data breaches.
- Ensure appropriate quality measures are in place at all times, including code reviews, and principles of test driven development and unit testing.
- Ensure all development processes and tools are used consistently and in line with company standards. These include source control and code management, continuous integration, unit testing, automated builds, environments management, change and release management.
- Provide efficient and effective support for live applications note: this may require out of hours support should a major issue occur
- As part of the peer group of developers, maintain coding standards, processes, guidelines and principles, and ensure these standards are met in your own work.
- Provide technical support to junior colleagues and ask for assistance where appropriate.
- Contribute to knowledge sharing sessions within, and outside, the development team.
- Consult manuals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop application and maintain existing skills and knowledge.
- Help to sustain a productive working environment by giving feedback on initiatives and offering recommendations.
The ideal intern's personality and qualifications:
Seeking a bright, skilled, reliable, and passionate software developer to continue the development of this successful service. You will be adaptable, have great team working and communication skills, but you will also be keen to learn new areas quickly.
The key is that you are a capable developer, the specific languages and technologies can then be learned — your adaptability, aptitude and especially attitude are the most important things!!!
Regardless of the role, there are qualities and character traits you should have, they are aligned with the company values:
- Commitment... doing what it takes for lasting results
- Together... combining the expertise of senior management to create smarter solutions
- Driven... personally aiming high and wanting better
- Smart... being innovative and open with ideas and using common sense.
- Passionate... about what you do for the company
- Attitude...positive always
- Aptitude...thing outside your comfort zone to create solutions from nothing
- Motivation...striving to be better than before
- Trust...your colleagues will expect you to earn this and retain it
- Integrity...thinking of others and striving for excellence
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76050806