We are an advanced engineering company based in Sheffield and we provide a range of electronic and software control and safety products into the rail industry across the UK and worldwide.
We are looking for an intelligent, flexible and experienced software engineer to join our highly successful team.
The role will include development of new products, adding features and maintenance of our existing product range. Must have a genuine interest in software development and be a forward thinking and proactive individual.Roles & Responsibilities:
- Software design, coding and testing using C++ for embedded system development.
- Product support documentations such as software architecture documentation, software specifications, test specifications and test results.
- Unit and system testing.
- Supporting our engineers in the installation and fault finding / diagnostic of the company’s products.
- Participation in code reviews.
- Ideally a good software engineering (or similar) degree.
- Experience of embedded C++ programming in resource constrained systems.
- Experience of developing applications in Microsoft Windows.
- Appreciation of Python programming.
- Arm microcontrollers and embedded electronics.
- Control networks / Lonworks.
- Product design.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75954740