AMR Network Support Technician
AMR Network Support TechnicianA leading Heat Interface Unit equipment manufacturer, is seeking a AMR network support Technician to join their team.
The AMR Network Support Technician is a new role to provide dedicated front line support to the Billing and Revenue Management Team and to ensure the AMR (Automatic meter reading) infrastructure is fully operational at all times.
As the AMR Network Support Technician you will be fully dedicated to support metering stations, data loggers and networks either proprietary and third party, this is mostly an onsite role.
You will be kept up to date with all product development to enable you to carry out this support role effectively; full training will be provided for the existing products.
The AMR Network Support Technician role is expected to turn into a team leader role as we aim to double our billing connections each year.
Key Responsibilities & Duties:
- Network configuration checks and fault finding both on RS485, Mbus, GPRS and Ethernet networks.
- Routers, Ethernet switches and broadband configuration
- Data logger commissioning, upgrades and repairs
- RS485 amplifiers repairs, upgrades and replacements
- Meter replacements
- Site surveys for new adopted projects
- Site surveys for metering and billing regulation compliance
- Energy conservation surveys
- Basic understanding of electronic
- Experience of hardware and software installation related to AMR systems
- Knowledge of block and district heating
- Computer literate
- Knowledge Mbus, ModBus networks
- TCP/IP networking: routers, LAN, VLAN,
- Port forwarding, Static and dynamic IP addresses.
- Program configuration and fault findings
- Excellent customer service
- Excellent communication skills.
- Problem Solving attitude
- Able to work under pressure
- Analytical thinking
- Ability to work and learn individually
- Responsible and keen to take ownership of your projects
- Team player
About the Company
The company specialise in providing integrated communal heating solutions and a comprehensive support package including energy metering, billing and a revenue management service. With more than 12 years of experience in the Communal/District heating market, they have been involved in the design and supply of equipment for many projects for both private and social housing schemes.
How to applyPlease apply here and our client will be in direct contact
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75955991