Senior Category Manager - Pets
A new exciting opportunity has arisen for a Senior Category Manager, to join one of the UK's reputable retailer within this niche and growing category.
This role will be reporting into the Head of Buying in the day today management of the Pets category. Here you will be managing a small team in order to continue to grow the existing business and develop further categories.
The Role and Responsibilities include:
- To track sales and margin performance and take corrective action where required on a daily basis
- Taking part in competitive analysis
- Negotiating exclusive & ensuring we fully exploit all potential supplier and own-brand opportunities.
- Using analytics to make informed business decisions regarding range and pricing
- Engagement and development of the team via personal development plans
- Effective cost negotiation, range selection and management, supplier management and promotional activity.
- Manage product development and ongoing commercial relationships
- Develop a trading and promotional plan for the year in collaboration with the Marketing & Online team
- Deputise for the Head of Buying
The successful candidate for the role would ideally be able to demonstrate:
- Established buying experience at an industry-leading pet retailer or specialist pet food manufacturer
- This is about the pet knowledge and background so this is highly important! No matter how big or small your business is it's about the knowledge, supplier relationship and industry expertise that is important!
- Have online-channel experience is desirable but not essential
- You must have highly developed negotiation skills
- Strong interpersonal skills; the role will need to work closely with a number of key stakeholders
- A strong record of supplier negotiation
- Have had experience of managing and leading a team
- A flexible approach, they will be overseeing a small team
- Experience in driving successful commercial outcomes
- Results driven & ambitious with strong commercial acumen-accountability for achieving company targets.
This is a brilliant role which offers a starting salary that is competitive and reflects the level and calibre of candidate they are looking for without compromise. If you have the right skillset in this category & have with unparalleled progression opportunities then please do not hesitate to apply quoting the reference Q103732
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76054624