Static Security Engineer
Static Security Engineer to Cover NATS (Swanwick and Whiteley)
Ideal location of candidate would be within close proximity of Fareham. Static role involves covering Swanwick and Whiteley, Fareham. We are recruiting a temporary static Security engineer for one of our large clients in Hampshire.
A good understanding of Janus access control and PELCO CCTV would be advantageous. Hours: 40 per week Shift Pattern: Monday to Friday between 8am - 5pm with 1 hour for lunch Overtime available paid at x1.5 Monday to Sunday
Job Purpose: To provide support to both on-site engineers and clients. You will also be responsible to carry out system maintenance, reactive and small or extra works to, CCTV, access control, security systems. Knowledge of working with large commercial clients and with many different manufacturers will be an advantage. Duties & responsibilities: · Carry-out and supervise planned preventative maintenance activities · Upgrades and system repairs · Modifications in line with contract requirements · Regular communication with the client on Key Point Indicators, and service level agreements
· Provide planned preventive maintenance, system repair, small works and system commissioning activity in conjunction with FMS requests and/or site/clients requirements. · Provide design, support and quotation delivery in accordance with relevant British Standards. Ensure policies, procedures and standards are in place and adhered to in order to maintain the integrity of the Contract portfolio, and that on going operational activities are implemented to provide high quality service to customers. · Maintain the Service Portfolio's to the highest quality standard in all areas of activity in order to satisfy and maintain the requirements of external quality verification. ·
Comply with policies relating to health, safety, security, environmental and technical compliance issues that affect customers and employees, ensuring that all rules are adhered to at all times to maintain a high standard of discipline at all times. · Ensure risk assessments are completed or reviewed for every task being carried out. · Comply with the mandatory requirement on wearing PPE. ·
Ensure all works are completed in accordance with relevant British Standards and good working practices. · Ensure timely submission of time-sheets and necessary administration paperwork, as detailed in the engineer's policies or required by the company/client. · Ensure that close cooperation and coordination with FMS. · Ensure that all non-compliance and recommendations are followed up with a quotation or quotation build up sheet. · Comply with any request for any other duties on a time to time basis. ·
At least 5 years previous experience of servicing, maintaining and installation of CCTV, access control, intruder alarm systems and intercom systems. · Adequate knowledge of relevant British Standards with a working knowledge of NSI. Advanced diagnostic and fault finding skills, with the ability to resolve by elimination and/or technical recommendations. · Knowledge and experience of permits to work systems, method statements and risk assessments. · Advanced PC and LAN/WAN Networking skills, including OS level operation. · Health & Safety trained. · System design, surveying, estimating and quotation experience. · Ability to implement a program of works or PPM schedule, and team / self-delivery to deadline time-scales. · Understanding of asset collation and controlled program of just in time replacement. · Ensuring that all reactive works are carried out within service level agreements.
- Appropriate trade qualification or equivalent experience
- Experience of Installation, testing and maintenance of CCTV, Intruder, Intercom and Access Control
- Experience of fault finding
- Experience of cable containment
- Experience of cable calculations
- Experience of Safe working practices and permit to work systems
- Have team building skills and be a good communicator
- Be fluent in written and spoken English
- Proven communication and numeric skills (verbal and written)
- Hold a valid license
- A reasonable level of computer literacy in the more common applications
- Professional and presentable appearance
- Personable and approachable
- Flexible and adaptable
- A team player with the ability to work from their own initiative
- Willingness to learn new skills and embrace procedures
- Flexible approach to working hours
- Administration skills
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76050064