Who we are
BPP University is the UK’s only university solely dedicated to business and the professions. We are dedicated to preparing students for a professional career and our programmes are designed in partnership with employers and respected professionals in the fields of law, business, finance and health.
BPP University Business School provides a range of carefully selected programmes with a professional focus to get our students on track for their business career. Our links with leading businesses help us to design and deliver highly relevant programmes, tailored to meet the needs of today’s business climate.
What you’ll do
BPP Business School is recruiting for an Accounting Lecturer to accommodate the growth being achieved by the school. You will teach on both our Degree and Professional Body-related programmes. We are looking for a highly motivated, practitioner experienced lecturer to bring high quality teaching and module leadership into the School.
Specifically, we welcome applications from candidates who hold the relevant professional accounting qualifications, have practitioner experience in and are able to teach at least one of the following modules at both a foundation and advanced level:
- Audit and Assurance
- Financial Accounting
- Management Accounting
The role of faculty in the Business School is to ensure that students in the Business School receive a premium experience. This is achieved via delivery of the highest quality tuition and module leadership.
Faculty will undertake a variety of duties including, but not restricted to, module leadership, curriculum design, assessment marking, personal tuition, project supervision, managing online cohorts, undertaking scholarship work and teaching (online and/or face to face). Faculty are expected to assist with recruitment of students at open days as well as having involvement in ad hoc business development activities.
You will be an expert and thought leader in relevant topics within the School and will be expected to represent the School in this area through scholarship.
- Professional Accounting Qualification.
- A teaching qualification or Fellowship of the HEA - or a commitment to achieving either of these through BPP’s PGCPE (Post Graduate Certificate in Professional Education) or Headway, BPP’s accredited CPD scheme.
- Significant practitioner experience in your field
- Some experience in teaching at the graduate or professional level or delivering training and seminars
- Experience in writing engaging learning materials for face to face and online delivery
- Experience of providing guidance and leadership to a teaching team
- Experience of supporting students in an academic context
- Excellent written communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- Commercially and educationally focussed with leadership and coaching skills
- Excellent computer/IT skills
- The ability to work well in a team and be collaborative
- Good communication and active listening skills