Security System Engineer
Our client, DS Security, is a leading UK security company with security services available throughout Greater London, Surrey, Kent and England wide.
They are currently recruiting a Security System Engineer to be based in London office.
Your role will be to install, repair and maintain CCTV, access control and door entry electronic security systems.
Reporting to the Engineering Manager
- Install CCTV, access control and door entry systems to specified standards.
- Read job specification sheets and prepare all necessary equipment to complete jobs.
- Prepare for jobs by reading site plans, drawings and project minutes where relevant.
- Solve practical problems: detect and repair system faults using a logical approach.
- Perform routine maintenance services when required.
- Adhere to all health and safety requirements.
- Liaise with customers to find out relevant information and keep them informed of job progress.
- On job completion, test system and train customers on its functions, supplying a manual where possible.
- Be part of a call out rota providing a 24-hour, 7-day a week engineering support service to specified sites.
- Participate in meetings with external site teams and within own company environment.
- Complete all paperwork (including timesheets and expenses) to specified standards and submit by stated deadlines.
- Keep the office team updated of job progress and provide them with technical support when required.
- Support colleagues through offering assistance and training when required.
- Consistently update own technical knowledge.
- Look after company vehicle according to specified standards.
- Perform any other duties that may be assigned on an as needed basis.
- At least 3 year's working with either CCTV or Access Control systems.
- Basic experience of computer networking.
- Holds a valid driving licence.
- Be able to demonstrate a logical approach to resolving technical scenarios.
- Use hand and electrical tools with competence
- Good interpersonal skills to liaise with customers.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Use hands to perform intricate functions and occasionally lift weights up to 50 lbs.
- Use close vision.
- Required to frequently stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, kneel, stoop, crouch and crawl.
- Work at heights using ladders and cherry picker vehicles and work within confined spaces.
- May be required to drive for long distances.
- Be part of an 'on call' rota which may necessitate evening, weekend or bank holiday work.
- Be prepared to work with minimum supervision or as part of a team.
- Exposed to risk of electrical shock.
- Exposed to moving mechanical parts, high, precarious places.
- Exposed to outside weather conditions, wet, extreme cold and heat.
- The surrounding noise level may be high.
- On occasion the employee will work within an office environment.
- May be required to work away from home in the UK or overseas.
Hours : 08.00 - 17.00 with 1 hour for lunch. 40-hour week. Overtime expected.
Basic salary up to £32,000 p.a., overtime and travel time, quarterly bonus payments, on target gross earnings circa £40,000 p.a. Plus pension, medical costs cover, death in service benefit.
If you are interested, please apply to
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76029042