IT Systems Administrator - EC1
If you’re currently looking for your next opportunity then pop in with your CV and passport and introduce yourself.
Tuesday 10th October 2017, between 9:00 am - 5:30 pm, Global House, No 1 Ashley Avenue, Epsom KT18 5AD.
NOTE: PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU BRING BOTHYour passport, if you do not have a passport please bring your full birth certificateNational Insurance card/Letter
We look forward to seeing you!
IT SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATORLondon EC1
• Working in an Agile manner using Jira
• Maintaining documentation of systems and related processes
• Guaranteeing the smooth running of all IT systems, including anti-virus software,
• Evaluating user needs and system functionality and ensuring that IT facilities meet
these needs. Offering users appropriate support and advice.
• Helping in planning, developing and implementing the IT budget, obtaining
competitive prices from suppliers, to ensure cost effectiveness. Working with various
vendor and resellers
• Scheduling upgrades and security backups of hardware and software systems.
Managing maintenance notifications both internally and with external clients
• Researching and installing new systems
• Ensuring that software licensing laws are adhered to. Managing expiry dates and
• Providing secure access to the network for remote users
• Securing data from internal and external attack
• Managing crisis situations, which may involve complex technical hardware or
• Working alongside third parties such as contractors and consultants to deploy and
• Mentoring and training staff on IT related topics.
• Keeping up to date with the latest technologies.
• Majority of the role is to deal with 2nd and 3rd line support, but there will be some 1st
line support duties.
Essential skill sets
•Strong Linux knowledge (preferably Debian) : installation, hardening, upgrading, preseedingProtocols and services: TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, SSH, sFTP, RDP, HTTP(S), TLS, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, LDAP, Kerberos
• Web hosting servers installation and maintenance : Apache & php,
• Database servers: MySQL or Postgres, configuration experience, SQL query
Experience….Scripting: Bash or Python
• Understanding key pair authentication and encryption, CSR and certificate signing
• Firewalling : NAT, filtering, port forwarding
• Networking hardware: switches, routers and wireless access points
• Remote desktop software : experience to support remote workers
• Virtualisation: VMWare vsphere hypervisor Good to have (training will be provided if
• Windows Server 2008-2012 r2 support: Active Directory with multiple sites, DNS,
• Windows desktop: installation, maintenance, troubleshooting Optional skill sets
(training will be provided if required)
• Cloud services: Azure, AWS experience
• Hardware: SAN & Blade servers
• Using hardware from vendors like : HP, Brocade, Cisco, Dell, EMC, Lenovo
• Working with rented racks in the datacentre : installing servers, PDU’s etc.
• Email: Posfix, Exim
• Scripting: Microsoft batch, PowerShell
• Monitoring and infrastructure management frameworks: Nagios, Cfengine, Munin
• Windows Server 2008-2012 r2 support, Server installation, Includes radius,
monitoring, hardening, Azure AD, VPN, file storage, WSUS
• Firewalling: OpenBSD and FreeBSD Packet Filter, site-to-site VPN
• MacOS server support: DNS, directory connection, policy and security
• Email security and authentication: SPF, DKiM, DMARC
• Adobe Campaign : server setup and maintenance
• Security tests: Nessus, Acunetix, OWASP Zap
• Load tests: jmeter
• Databases: MongoDB
• Hadoop clusters : HDFS, YARN, Ranger, Kerberos, Hive, Pig, Hue, Zeppelin
• Supporting mobile devices ( BYOD )
• DevOps experience
• ITIL experience
• DNS: TinyDNS server and DNS cache server, Microsoft DNS server
• Experience with Exchange 2010 would be an asset
• Highly competitive salary
• 25 days’ holiday
• Free health insurance and health cash plan – subsidised gym membership
• Pension contributions
• Professional and Personal Development
• Unlimited, free proper coffee, tea, fruit and filtered water
• Friday team drinks
• Season ticket travel loans
• Our Cycle to Work scheme
• Getting involved in the charity initiatives we support
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76042188