Senior Software Engineer
Senior Software Engineer – Cheltenham
Salary - £47,000 – £52,000
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced and professional Senior Software Engineer to lead, plan, and deliver integration implementation and associated technologies, as part of the future landscape.
Three+ years' experience of enterprise integration, ideally using Mule ESB (Cloudhub), or strong Java Spring experience is required for this role.
If you have a thirst to be at the cutting edge of technology and thrive off a fast-paced technical environment, we’d love to hear from you.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Work with the Integration Team, Solution Architect, and Product Owner in a leading role to deliver integration capability and capacity using Mule ESB
- Guide best practice and design best fit strategic solutions to facilitate digital transformation
- Drive technical innovation in the team
- Lead integrations via the Mulesoft Anypoint Platform or using Java Spring Framework, deliver strategic integration of COTS, legacy systems, data providers, and preferably new API-led connectivity using the Mulesoft platform
- Evangelise and drive adoption and implementation of the Mule platform
- Own technical excellence in the team and influence the same across the department, working alongside key technical roles to ensure compliance to coding and design standards
- Maintain and develop a strong knowledge of relevant design patterns, especially those related to integrations
- Maintain a detailed knowledge of existing company applications and systems
- Work in agile software teams to deliver high quality software against tight deadlines
- Evangelise and promote the use of the Mulesoft Anypoint platform through the company
- Code and configure solutions using software teams, coding standards, and tools
- Create and maintain automated test libraries
- Lead development and prototype investigations (or spikes) and user stories
- Be aware of the product road map with reference architecture, technical requirements, and prioritisation
- Streamline the software delivery process by promoting continuous integration and a continuous deployment model
- Collaborate in scrum teams, and with Change and Release Management and IT Partners, sharing knowledge and best practice to ensure seamless delivery to customers
Experience leading and designing integration solutions using:
- Technologies: Java, J2ee, Spring, MuleESB, Groovy, Hibernate, Junit/Munit, SOAP, REST, RAML/WSDL, XML, XSD/XSLT, XPath, JSON, Messaging (SNS, JMS)
- Databases: Mongo DB, Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL, PostgreSQL
- Servers: Tomcat, IBM WebSphere, Web Logic, Glassfish, Apache
- Tools: Anypoint Studio (API Designer, DataWeave, Build to Deploy), Maven/Gradle, Git, Eclipse IDE, Soap UI, Junit, Munit, Confluence, JIRA, Bamboo
- Methodologies: agile, scrum, Test Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration (CI)
- Educated to degree level in a relevant computing discipline, or equivalent professional experience
- Three+ years' experience of enterprise integration, ideally using Mule ESB (Cloudhub), or strong Java Spring experience
- Experience integrating COTS, internal/external data providers, legacy systems, and other API-led connectivity
- Strong knowledge of rest APIs and integration via APIs, software design patterns, especially integration patterns, and design principles
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to communicate effectively to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Experienced in designing and building usable and scalable systems and applications
- Comfortable working in a dynamic, large-scale, agile change initiative with multiple technologies
- Experience developing for the Cloud, specifically AWS
- Experience of test-driven development alongside use of automated test frameworks, mocking/stubbing, and Junit/Munit
- Experience using Behaviour Driven Development with Cucumber
- 30 days annual leave,
- Voluntary flexible benefits
- Paid volunteering days
- A contributory stakeholder pension
GB Solutions are a leading employment agency for jobs in Gloucestershire and beyond. As a member of the REC, we are committed to working to the highest possible standards for candidates and clients.
Due to the high volume of responses that we receive for our advertisements we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you have not received a response within 5 working days of forwarding your CV to us, then, unfortunately, you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Thank you for your interest and please do not hesitate to forward your CV to us again for other roles matching your skills and experience.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75968694