A GIS Developer is required for my client in West Malling, The GISDeveloper will be needed to successfully help the group's of business create innovative and engaging solutions utilising historic and current mapping data. The role will analyse business requirements, suggesting and implementing map based solutions.
- competitive Salary of £45,000-£50,000
- 20d annual leave + public holidays;
- Group Pension scheme includes matched company contribution,
- up to 5% employee contribution;
- option for gym membership subsidy;
- childcare vouchers (if applicable),
- free parking on site
- travel expenses covered when working in the other offices
Role Profile as GIS Developer:
- Design, develop, and document new features for the applications.
- Apply good software design and development practices in daily activities.
- Collaborate with other developers throughout the development process.
- Rapidly prototype web applications to showcase new concepts and ideas.
- Keep up to date with development practices.
- Assist in all phases of the development cycle from design/research to documentation and testing.
- Assist with maintenance and monitoring of GIS server architecture.
The Key Skills for the GIS Developer:
- Experience developing using OpenLayers, leaflet or other front end GIS tools.
- Proficiency with additional front-end development technologies such as HTML, DOM, CSS, event model, and cross-browser development.
- Experience with AJAX, JSON, REST.
- Experience with json, Web Map Services (WMS), Web Feature Services (WFS), and GeoRSS feeds.
- Ability to work independently and in groups to effectively participate in the software development life cycle.
- Excellent problem-solving, verbal and written communication, design, development, and debugging skills.
So if you have what it takes to be a GIS Developer and don't want to miss out on taking your career where you want it then apply now!
This advert was posted by Gold Group - one of the UK's leading niche recruitment consultancies. We span a variety of specialist industries and are the recruitment company to help you find your next career opportunity. We pride ourselves on our commitment to candidates and stick to our ethos of finding the right role for the right person. Visit our website or get in touch today to discuss this role, find out what else we've got or just for a chat about the state of your industry. Services advertised by Gold Group are those of an Agency and/or an Employment Business. Please be aware that we receive a high volume of applications for every role advertised and regularly receive applications from candidates who exceed the job credentials. We will only contact you within the next 14 days if you are selected for interview.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75961489