IT Systems Engineer
IT Systems Engineer
Russell Taylor are actively recruiting for an IT Systems Engineer to provide tactical support to their Client's business. The successful candidate will ensure satisfactory performance of the IT infrastructure resolving user's issues, delivering improvements to the system in line with the IT Strategy and as directed by the IT Manager and contributing to the review of current systems and new technology/software as the business may need to ensure the IT infrastructure is fit for purpose and robust from cyber threats.
The role will require the user to utilise their IT skills across a multi-sited organisation, dealing with up to 150 users at all levels within the organisation, from those with little IT knowledge in our Operations team to Members of the Board. There is a requirement to develop strong relationships with all stakeholders within the Company.
* The administration and maintenance of group infrastructure, business systems, and IT related services directing and managing internal support personnel and/or external outsourced service providers as necessary.
* Support the IT Manager in planning and implementing additions, deletions and major modifications to the supporting group infrastructure.
* Liaise with third party software/hardware suppliers or maintenance suppliers as necessary.
* Support the IT Manager to ensure IT-related purchases are procured cost effectively whilst meeting quality standards and specifications as required by the business.
* To act as the escalation point for the OPA outsourced 1st Line Helpdesk.
* To manage the ordering, configuration and deployment of end-user IT hardware.
* To carry out additional projects or activities as assigned by the IT Manager.
* Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely fashion.
* Create and maintain documentation/records where necessary.
* Ensure that all completed work is detailed and all relevant databases are updated.
* Maintain secure backup controls as necessary.
* Produce technical implementation and recovery documentation.
* Be part of the project team (in some instances be project manager as required for any IT projects to coordinate implementation, liaising with others where required.
* Recognise actual or potential compatibility issues to resolve or avoid such issues.
* Support the IT Manager in developing and ensure procedures are in place to diagnose a system and methods applied to perform a full or partial system recovery.
* Adhoc projects as required.
We are looking for a graduate with knowledge of word packages and cloud, 365 etc.
Please follow the instructions below to apply.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76101135