SEN TA South Liverpool
Special Educational Needs TA Allerton
Special Educational Needs TA Allerton A Primary school based in Allerton is looking for Special Educational Needs TA.
You must have a commitment to working as part of a team to support pupils with severe and complex needs, and sometimes challenging behaviour. The duties of the role are to support the teacher in the management of the classroom, to be a key worker with certain pupils, to assist the teacher with planning and preparation of lessons, to help develop the communication skills of pupils and to be willing to work flexibly across the school with different classes. Suitable candidates will have a strong knowledge of what is expected when working with pupils with complex SEN needs. You will be working with individual students and groups, under the direction of the class teacher, introducing tasks, monitoring children's work and using range of strategies to support their learning. Main duties:
- To work with students, understanding how to motivate and encourage them to develop and achieve.
- To work with the subject Team Leader and other teachers to develop and implement learning plans and behaviour mentoring plans.
- Encourage students interact and work co-operatively with others and engage in all activities.
- To work with small groups of children and to take responsibility for their learning.
- To establish and maintain constructive relationships with parents/carers by:
- To understand the individual needs of children and be responsible for advising them on social health and hygiene.
- Supporting their role in students learning
- Providing constructive feedback on students progress and achievements
At least 3 months experience working within a Primary environment is essential. You should also be able to work well as part of a team and have a flexible attitude towards duties. Suitable candidates must have a strong knowledge of what is expected when working with pupils with SEN students and experience in this relevant area. The Teaching Assistant qualification is desirable but not essential. The school has gained a reputation for academic excellence and has developed a very supportive environment.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76107343