Database Manager 35,000 - 40,000 Manchester
Based on the outskirts of Manchester, my client are a large provider of office support services. With facilities all around the UK, the Manchester office is home to the Marketing Team who work on projects including events and conferences, supporting collateral, company literature, online activity and email.
With a handful of sub brands in the group, all working across a shared database of over 4000 clients and, following significant growth over the last 6 years, they are now looking for a dedicated Database Manager to work closely with the Marketing team. The aim of the role is to improve the quality of the data, systems, processes, and effectiveness of the subsequent marketing activity.
The main responsibilities of this role are
- To shape and manage the database in order to enable better synchronised marketing (email and other)
- To drive segmentation strategy in order to help guide the Marketing team to more effective activity
- To help synchronise the marketing activity across the sub brands
- To be responsible for list management
- To manage the cleansing of data on an ongoing basis
- To bring the database in line with the new GDPR regulations
- To implement processes where required, and train the staff on them
- To analyse data and performance and report in to Senior Management
- To lead change where required, be it processes, software, hardware etc
- To monitor all entry points and ensure the database is backed up and protected
There is a real opportunity here to positively impact the effectiveness of the Marketing function and therefore the commercial performance of the company. And, with a board of directors who are very much data focussed, this is a company who will value and support the endeavours of the successful candidate. In terms of office culture and environment, they offer a newly redeveloped interior office space with a notably good vibe, on site canteen, and smart-casual attire.
What is required The database is SQL based, so requires excellent technical skills and in-depth experience working with SQL databases. Furthermore, strengths in problem solving, a naturally analytical mindset, and an ability to think strategically in terms of data usage, will be essential. There will be an expectation that the successful candidate will be proactive in their work and suggestions, continually looking to make improvements. Regular monitoring and reporting on the performance of the database will be required, as will the ability to communicate clearly at all levels, be that reporting to senior management or training junior team members. Experience in Excel and MS Office are expected. A minimum of 4 years experience in a similar capacity required.
This role is commutable from Manchester, Huddersfield, Rochdale, Oldham, Ashton, Stockport, Altrincham, Warrington, Bolton, Bury, Wigan, Knutsford.
Database Manager 35-40k Manchester
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76062722