Teacher of Art
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and talented teacher of Art from January 2008
Required for January 2018
Cardinal Newman is an 11-19 comprehensive school serving the Roman Catholic community in Luton and Dunstable. The school has Specialist Science Status and was described by Ofsted in December 2013 as:
'Providing a good education for its students; their personal development as well as academic achievement'.
We are looking to appoint an enthusiastic and talented teacher of Art to join our successful, forward looking department. You will be required to teach KS3 and KS4. There could also be an opportunity to teach Fine Art at KS5. This is a full time post from January 2018 and is a fantastic opportunity for professional development. We are looking for someone who is motivated to inspire students of all abilities.
The successful candidate will
- Be a strong supporter of the school's ethos
- Have excellent teaching skills and good classroom management
- Be able to inspire and motivate students
- Have a passion for Creative Learning and be able to communicate their enthusiasm for Art & Design to pupils of all abilities
- Have a clear vision of how to raise achievements
- Have the ability to turn ideas and opportunities into successful practice
We will offer
- A friendly and supportive team of specialist members of staff
- A department with an excellent track record at KS3, GCSE and A Level
- Free loan of your own laptop computer
- An excellent, well-structured induction programme for all new staff
- An orderly environment in which you can thrive; OFSTED noted 'Students behave well in lessons Around the school they are very polite, friendly and helpful'
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants must be willing to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Criminal Records Bureau.
Roman Catholic School in the Diocese of Northampton.
'Together towards our Lord through learning, love and faith'
Closing date: Monday, 9 October
Interviews will take place week commencing Monday, 16 October
For more information and to apply please see our website at www.hays.co.uk/jobs/cardinalnewman or call Brett Coventry on 020 3818 7041
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76051831