Robert Half are excited to be partnering with an established Not for Profit Organisation based in Welwyn Garden City. This opening is due a retirement in a finance team of 3. The ideal candidate will be driven, confident and hands on. This is an exciting opportunity for the right person.
Scope and responsibilities
Effective management accounting is seen as essential to the success of this Not for Profit Organisation and they prides itself on the accuracy of its budget forecasts, its financial forecasts and its internal controls.
The successful candidate will oversee the day to day financial tasks of the business (including purchase ledger, reconciliations etc.), prepare the year end accounts for audit, work with the Chief Executive regarding loan arrangements, cash planning, financial forecasting, risk planning, budget preparation and loan covenant compliance, the preparation of timely management accounts, plus contribute to the Association's corporate objectives and be a member of the Association's management team.
The Finance Manager is seen as a key role and will suit an accountant who wants to be involved in a wide variety of financially related matters, in the non-for-profit sector, as well as become involved with tasks associated with running a small to medium size enterprise, where flexibility and excellent communication is paramount to our success.
Desirable Qualifications and Experience:
- Be a qualified or part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA/CIPFA) or fully qualified (AAT)
- Possess post-qualification experience in the accounting role
- Have experience of preparing annual statutory financial statements and accounts
- Have a proven track record of providing financial and management accounting information
- Possess practical experience of computerised accounting systems
- Have experience of supervising others
- Have experience of working in the charity or not-for-profit sector
- Demonstrate an understanding of payroll systems, preferably SAGE
Salary and Benefits
This Finance Manager role is paying between £45,000 to 50k per annum package which includes pension, BUPA, Life Assurance, free parking and other company specific.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76109368