UK Finance Director
- Supervision of 3 members of staff who deal with the accounts payable and accounts receivable functions.
- Approval of invoices for payment and account system coding check as necessary
- All Balance sheet reconciliations of the company. Including warehouse stock reconciliation
- Processing accounting transfers from the stock control and customer ordering system
- Make payments of supplier invoices and staff expenses, including payments of taxes, VAT, PAYE.
- Payments of payroll.
- Preparation of the payroll for the company and submission monthly to the payroll company
- Monthly calculation of sales commissions.
- Quarterly VAT returns, and advise the company for VAT compliance.
- Intrastat returns
- Intercompany reconciliations with group.
- Raise and process Delivery time Rental invoices in Navision and NS4.
- Processing of month end close within the 6 working day close process, bringing the P&L and Balance sheet to complete trial balance each month.
- Produce monthly balance sheet and profit and loss accounts by cost centre ensuring income and expenses are accurately reflected in each cost centre.
- Processing of all month end income and expense accruals and prepayment journals.
- Posting of sales invoices associated with end of lease income, such as extension rentals and buyout invoices.
- Supervision of the end of lease administrator.
- Distribute sales invoices and credit notes to account managers for onward distribution to customers
- Manage Debtors ensuring operations and accounts teams are chasing unpaid invoices.
- Day to day oversight of the operations function.
- Day to day dealing with queries from the warehouse.
- Monthly P&L forecasts for group.
- Written account of the variances and significant events of the actual results compared to budget
- Written account of the variances and changes to monthly forecasts
- Annual Budget preparation and control of data, along with construction of the financial models to accurately forecast income.
- Management of the audit
- Management of the banking relationship including administration of the bank security.
- Review and offer advice with regard to legal documentation of leasing arrangements as necessary for new product offering.
Skills, Competencies, Personal qualities:
- Professional Accounting qualification ACA, ACCA, CIMA.
- Knowledge of UK VAT and some knowledge of EU VAT rules is beneficial
- Ability to influence others.
- Confident oral and written communication skills.
- Team player
Act with integrity at all times and embrace the philosophy of treating customers fairly
Salary & Benefits
£85,000-£100,000 plus bonus and benefits
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.