Robert Half are currently partnering a very-well established and well-known Property businesses based in Manchester City Centre, to recruit an experienced Management Accountant into their team. They are looking to pay up to £31,000 for the right person.
This role will involve you acting as a senior point of contact in their finance function, working very closely with the Financial Controller.
- Responsible for the day to day running of the finance function.
- Provide leadership and line management to the team members within the finance function, ensuring financial processes are adhered to and information is produced to the required standards within set deadlines / timetable.
- Conduct annual reviews and undertake regular one-to-one meetings, dealing with staff performance and disciplinary issues as well as personal well-being.
- To provide coaching, training and support to direct reports.
Management Accounts Responsibilities
- Responsible for the month end process; including recharges, fees, accruals and prepayments.
- Ensure month end tasks are completed accurately and in a timely manner to agreed strict deadlines.
- Raise monthly / quarterly POP Marketing fees and ensure income & expenditure are recorded accurately.
- Responsible for the monthly POP Marketing P&L and reporting, annual plan and quarterly forecasts.
- Conduct monthly financial reviews with the POP Marketing Account Director, identifying and obtaining explanations for variances.
- Assist with raising monthly / quarterly fees for other business streams and deal with related fee queries.
- Assist with the preparation of the monthly P&L accounts for other business streams.
- Ensure the preparation and maintenance of the monthly balance sheet reconciliations are completed to agreed timescales.
- Ensure the balance sheet items are investigated and cleared in a timely manner.
- Identify and highlight old items / potential risks within the balance sheets.
- Prepare and submit the VAT calculation by the set deadline.
- Oversee the arrears process and ensure the process is efficient and effective.
- Responsible for the reporting of the arrears / aged debt, identifying and highlighting key risks on a monthly basis.
- Responsible for providing the arrears / aged debt statistics for KPI reporting.
- Ensure the Sold Property Register is completed and up-to-date.
- Responsible for notifying all key parties of any outstanding fees relating to properties no longer under the management of the business.
- Liaise with the relevant teams to ensure any outstanding fees relating to properties no longer under the management of the business are paid prior to the handover of service charge funds or recovered direct from the client.
- Manage the expenses and mileage claims process and ensure claims are accurately processed and recorded in line with the Expenses Policy.
- Assist with the maintenance of the Expenses Policy.
- Keep abreast with developments in VAT and HMRC regulations and suggest changes to ensure compliance.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.