Financial Planning & Analysis Manager
Our client is looking for a Head of Financial Planning & Analysis to support business leaders to deliver profitable and sustainable growth as they look to consolidate their current market share and expand into the wider market.
The role of Head of Financial Planning & Analysis in Manchester will include but not be limited to:
- Understand the customer landscape and their drivers to provide contract / service pricing, cash and margin optimisation recommendations, ensuring an acceptable balance of risk and return.
- Accountable for the accuracy of financial records, compliance, business financial plans and forecasts that they will produced for the Head Office.
- Understand the value drivers of the business and provide guidance on contract / service performance including ROI, scenario planning, KPI analysis and benchmarking.
- Support the portfolio strategy through market, competitor and portfolio analysis; and inform market entry and exit decisions.
- Provide challenge and decision support for new business, drawing upon the Pricing and Deal Architecture as appropriate.
- Develop customer relationships to support successful commercial and financial negotiations regarding variable revenue, rebids and change notices.
- Support business leaders to deliver contractual obligations through identification of over and under delivery, performing root cause analysis, and making recommendations.
- Drive contract / service cost optimisation projects through profitability analysis and efficiency recommendations.
- Proactive identification, assessment and management of financial and commercial risks.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with internal stakeholders through the sharing of knowledge and collaboration.
The role will have a strong relationship with the relevant Contract Directors or Managers / Service Commissioners for their portfolio.
Ideal candidate profile:
- Qualified Accountant (ACCA/CIMA/ACA)
- Track record of collaborating with business leaders in a complex business environment.
- Experience of adding value in a commercially orientated bidding and contracting environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the business within their scope of responsibility.
- Evidence of ability to influence, negotiate, listen to and resolve conflicts with key decision makers.
- Strong commercial acumen, as well as demonstrable experience of understanding relationships between key financial and non-financial business value drivers.
- In particular you must have excellent demonstrable commercial experience of - reinforcing KPI's, customer financial negotiation, optimising financial outcomes, providing insights on financial performance reports to the business and optimising commercial customer relationships
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.