My client a Global Financial Services business based in Gloucestershire area looking to recruit for a Finance Manager who will be responsible for assisting the Head of Operational Finance in leading and developing the finance team. You will be providing support and acumen to aid in the development of control and financial performance.
- Identifying and managing Operational Finance projects to streamline and improve processes within the Operational Finance team
- Advising and designing new processes to improve inefficiencies
- Deputising for the Head of Operational Finance Manager in Operational Finance matters
- Responsible for all aspects of financial reporting related to two divisions of the business and the roll out to the 12 European countries
- Manage performance, development and training of the reporting associate, including yearly appraisal and all other aspects
- Authorisation of bank transfers and Accounts Payable pay runs
- Identifying, logging, writing specifications, testing and sign off for IT fixes and enhancements to computer systems and processes
- Designing, implementing, testing and training for reconciliation software used for bank and balance sheet reconciliations
- Ensure all Receivable ledgers are correctly and accurately reconciled and reported on a timely basis both to management and clients
- Assisting with implementing more streamline reconciliation procedures.
Education, Certifications and Experience: Minimum
- Qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent) and a high level of technical proficiency
- Advanced spreadsheet skills
Education, Certifications and Experience: Preferred
- Experience of PeopleSoft or equivalent such as SAP
- Experience of database based business intelligence tools eg Microsoft Power BI
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Credible with senior management
- Experience of managing a finance team advantageous
- Flexible, adaptable and comfortable with change
- Sense of urgency with commitment to deliver results to strict deadlines
- Good communication skills
- Ability to maintain good working relationship with all levels of the organisation
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76113722