Interior Design Tutor
Interior Design Tutor
£17,000 - £19,000 DOE (Initial salary whilst training)
To expand our busy tutor team the National Design Academy is offering a unique opportunity for an outstanding interior designer (with or without teaching qualifications) to train as an Interior Design Tutor to support our online degree students.
The NDA is a not for profit Foundation and is the UK’s largest Interior Design School, training more Interior Design graduates than any other UK University. Degrees are awarded by our Academic Partners, Staffordshire University. We are leaders in distance learning delivery with both UK and International students, with our head based office in Nottingham and an office in Dubai.
If you have ever considered using your design skills to teach others, this is an excellent opportunity to gain relevant teaching skills and experience. Join our enthusiastic and creative Team and make a difference.
The Interior Design Tutorrole will include the following responsibilities:
This varied role will include supporting and assessing our distance learning and studio based students to successfully achieve their interior design qualifications. The role will also include assisting and delivery of studio courses at Diploma level. The trainee tutor will also be trained to teach and assess on all courses delivered by NDA including Diploma, Foundation Degree, BA (Hons) and, for those who have a Master’s Degree, on our Master’s Degree programme.
The ideal candidate for the Interior Design Tutor role will portray the following skills and attributes:
- Have an MA in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or similar and/or BA (Hons) Interior Design
- A Certificate in Education or other teaching qualification would be an advantage though not essential as full training will be given.
- Have excellent CAD skills
- Have industry experience obtained either as part of their degree or after graduating
- Be passionate about design and have excellent interpersonal skills to assist students
- Have excellent communication skills and a good standard of written English.
- Have excellent organisational and record keeping skills
- Be a good team player
- Qualifications: Masters in Interior Design or similar Preferred
- BA (Hons) Interior Design OR Architecture (2.1 or 1st)
- Teaching qualifications an advantage but not essential as Full training will be given.
Interior Design Tutor Benefits
- Approximately 6 weeks paid holiday
- Staff development - Training courses & exhibitions
If you feel you are ideal for the Interior Design Tutor role, please apply now!
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76102141