Your new company
A world leader in the precise control and movement of fluids in critical applications, a global engineering group with a track-record of delivering innovative engineering solutions to address global trends such as clean energy, energy efficiency, healthcare and increasing automation. The Group share a clear and common purpose and deliver GREAT solutions for their customers, tackling the world's most demanding engineering challenges.
The Group has three platform divisions and are established in the following markets: Industrial Automation, Commercial Vehicles, Energy, Food & Beverage, Life Sciences and Rail.
Your new role
The role requires a person with a mechanical engineering background having extensive knowledge of assembly and manufacturing processes and possessing good estimating skills, in conjunction with a high level of commercial awareness and Customer focus. Liaising directly with the customer to evaluate enquiries and provide the most suitable technical and commercial solution.
Responsibility for people: Working in a team of 6 sales engineers, proposal engineers and contracts managers reporting directly to the sales team leader.
Useful facts and figures: The team of 6 deal with over 100 quotation requests every week along with a wide array of other tasks covering various industries including Oil & Gas, Industrial Automation, Nuclear power & National Defence.
- Convert Customer's technical requirements and transpose them to valve solutions fit for purpose.
- Prepare quotations for customer requirements. Process includes negotiation, costing and margin analysis.
- Liaising directly with the customer to evaluate enquiries and provide the most suitable technical and commercial solution.
- Follow up high value quotations and convert into orders.
- Respond to requests from Sales team to provide accurate product costs to enable Sales price to be calculated and maintain profit margins.
- Visit, liaise and support customers and external sales personnel to ensure that customer expectations are understood and requirements are met in full.
- Use excel based program to calculate product costs using a combination of estimates and verified manufacturing costs.
- Perform other such duties commensurate with the nature and level of the post as may be reasonably required.
What you'll need to succeed
- Excellent organisational and inter-personal skills
- Sound knowledge of modern manufacturing techniques and machining methods.
- Experience and understanding of sales techniques and negotiating is essential.
- Able to accurately estimate manufacturing and assembly cycle times and material costs.
- Strong Microsoft Office literacy, specifically in PowerPoint, email, Word and Excel.
- Committed and motivated.
- Good general education with relevant professional qualifications.
- A strong sense of commercial awareness.
- The ability to form strong relationships with customers. Experience in related products; preferably valves would be an advantage
What you'll get in return
- Holidays: 25 days per year plus bank and English public holidays (Company closure between Christmas and New Year)
- Pension: Eligible to join Company Pension Plan with Death in Service
- Benefit Shares: Eligible to participate in Sharesave Scheme, Partnership Shares and free Shares when schemes and criteria permit
- Competitive Salary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76036176