Required Job Responsibilities/Competencies:
- Serve as an expert on Expedia's data marts/warehouses - with a deep understanding of the architecture and how to map and consolidate information across various sources in order to assess the impact of potential changes regarding tax and fee decisions.
- Work with global teams, including database developers, product managers and business stakeholders to construct appropriate BI framework for projects/programs
- Interact with multiple stakeholders from various teams and support them through the implementation of automated procedures (ETL, Sprocs), business intelligence reports and dashboards relying on our multiple databases (Hadoop, Teradata, SQL)
- Take an active support role in sourcing, organizing, maintaining, and ultimately democratizing large volumes of data through the development of innovative tools and well-organized databases
- Create monitoring tools to track the quality and performance of solutions
- Work with other developers to build, maintain and improve our custom built applications
- Implement new and enhanced processes related to tax rate & fee research and management.
- Automate the upload of tax and fee data, including the identification and loading of custom data,
- Develop and maintain compliance and audit reports to support the operations of the Revenue Management department.
- Develop, communicate and drive project schedule commitments with little or no supervision
- Facilitate Change Management decisions and adjust assignments and expectations accordingly
- Identify, organize, and resolve issues and actively manage risk
- Work proactively to navigate project through dependencies with other projects
- Develop and implement more mature technical project management processes, methods and tools
- Collaborate with multiple inter-departmental parties including Expedia Technology and business partners to develop project goals and to launch project and program initiatives.
- Work with internal stakeholders, business sponsors, product managers, developers, and other teams to develop and review project designs and business requirements.
- Bachelors of Science degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related technical field.
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a developer in a Business Intelligence/data mining/report writing role. Strong foundation in SQL, particularly Business Intelligence and Analytics solutions:
- Minimum of 3 years' experience working with Microsoft SQL Server and SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) required as well as Microsoft Office suite with very strong Access and Excel skills including pivots, cubes, and macros
- Must have experience creating data marts, reports and dashboards from scratch
- Excellent problem solving skills with experience identifying and solving data quality issues
- Must be flexible and motivated to work in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrate ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Experience with Angular 2 or later
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Experience with data mining methodologies and statistical methods
- Ability to logically translate and disseminate analytical insights to non-analytical stakeholders
- Ability to communicate highly complex and multi-faceted concepts and ideas in a simple, clear and concise way, both in written and verbal formats.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, coupled with a self-motivated personality and an ability to exceed expectations in a fast-paced, results oriented environment.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or age.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76011654