Our Client is a leading electronics business based in the North East of England. The company currently require a talented Test Technician to join the business.
- Product (software, hardware and mechanics) assembly, troubleshooting and testing.
- Test planning, execution and report writing.
- Design, construction, maintenance and calibration of test equipment.
- Keeping working environment clean, tidy and safe.
- Assisting with continuous improvement of working practices, processes, equipment and working environment.
- Supervision and guidance of technicians, junior technicians and apprentices
- Work to company quality and national / international standards
- Ensuring that all work is carried out safely.
- Knowledge of electronic circuits, including experience designing simple circuits
- Assembly, troubleshooting and testing of electronic products
- Electronic test equipment (including DVMs, Oscilloscopes, Data Loggers)
- Soldering / de-soldering techniques
- Computer literate (Microsoft Excel and Word)
- Experience with high voltage (> 60V) and/or high current (> 100A) products
- EMC testing, including exposure to standards such as REG10, ISO16750, CISPR 25.
- Thermal and environmental testing
- Automotive product development and testing
- Mechanical skills, assembly and creation of one off parts, use of machine shop tools
- Experience with high volume products.
- Experience with CAD tools (Mentor Graphics (DX Designer, Expedition), SPICE, etc), including an ability to layout prototype PCBs.
- Experience in HALT / HAAS testing
- HND / HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or equivalent.
- Up to £27,000 plus a comprehensive benefits package
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76062612