Senior Creative Designer - Dorothy Perkins
A Bit About
As an established womenswear brand, Dorothy Perkins is now one of the biggest fashion retailers in the country, trading in approximately 750 stores worldwide. Their range of clothing and accessories is updated weekly in store and daily online so there’s always something new to discover.
To work closely with the Creative Manger to develop and provide a
high level of design across multiple projects for the Dorothy Perkins brand.
What You Will Be Doing Day To Day
- Produce highly creative and commercial designs across a variety of media e.g. window visuals, packaging, in-store creative treatments/POS, promotional campaigns and various other projects.
- Category branding (e.g. Brand launch of new products / ranges).
- To design and create marketing communication and literature.
- Artworking - Ensuring concepts are print production ready.
- Work effectively and build relationships with external agencies.
- Manage, guide and provide support to more junior Design team members.
- Develop concept/image boards and presentation material for consideration and sign-off on assigned briefs, which are in line with the brand vision and strategy
- Regular presentations to senior management.
- Produce concepts in line with the brand image on for example, seasonal campaigns (Christmas, Valentine’s day etc.), the flagship store launch & press packs.
- Able to create concepts through to final artwork, supported by creative research. Using elements such as mood boards and material & colour schemes.
- Has ability to handle several projects at one time.
- Have a great awareness of Retail and Creative trends (External influences) so as to pull into Creative design solutions.
- To support with Art Direction.
- Strong eye for design, with the ability to translate designs to a commercial retail environment.
- Combines an innovative approach with commercial ideas.
- Wealth of experience within a creative design background, coupled with degree level professional qualification.
- Excellent artworking skills with strong attention to detail.
- Has the capacity to build strong working relationships – both internally and externally.
- Strong typography and copyrighting skills are an advantage, and ideally packaging experience.
- Willingness to work independently on developing new ideas and as part of a wider team.
- Ability to manage high pressure situations, tight deadlines and a heavy workload.
- A high degree of commerciality.
- Idea generator.
- Enthusiastic and willing to learn.
- Ability to communicate and influence effectively at all levels, both written and verbally and strong presentation skills.
- Management experience and the ability to operate as a role model to more junior team members.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience
- Experience in 3D software such as Sketch Up a bonus.
- Knowledge of printing processes a must.
- Creative Manager
- Visual Merchandising Team
- Photographic Lead
- Creative Projects Co-ordinator
- Marketing Manager and Co-ordinator
- Design & Buying Teams
The Exciting Part
- Generous holiday with holiday trading
- 25% staff discount
- Early finish summer hours
- Access to sample sales
- Regular team and company social events
- Pension scheme
- Company bonus scheme
- Interest free season ticket loan
We regret, due to volume, only suitable applicants will be contactedYou’ll find every Arcadia brand shares the same values. We all start with letting people be themselves. We are informal while professional, and we are all about mixing fun with commercial nous. Throughout your career with us we will help you develop, and give you the chance to influence our future. It's not only our products but our people who drive our success. Our people are at the heart of everything we do.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76107746