Finance Business Partner
Gleeson Recruitment Group are looking to recruit a Finance Business Partner for a FTSE 250 client who are based close to Northampton. You will ideally be a fully qualified accountant and will have extremely strong stakeholder and team management experience, coupled with strong reporting skills and the ability to own the P&L for a sizeable business unit. You will be able to work in a very fast moving environment, have the ability to embrace change and will place value on being a true team player.
As the Finance Business Partner you will be reporting into the Head of Commercial Finance and you will provide financial support and critical analytical challenge to your business unit to ensure the organisation achieves the financial targets it has been set. You will also be responsible for managing relationships with both operations and finance and will be comfortable in both areas.
As the Finance Business Partner this role will provide variety and challenge and you will be responsible for driving performance of the business unit you represent. The key accountabilities are Reporting, Month-End, Business Support, Budgeting/Forecasting and Team Management.
Key responsibilities are as follows:
- Act as a key financial lead within the business.
- Provide thoughtful, proactive and indepth analysis of the financial results.
- Play a key supporting role working alongside senior commercial and operational management and support them to enhance the performance of the business.
- Streamline the management reports and process to ensure that the business has timely, appropriate and accurate information.
- Ensure the business operates within a strong internal control environment.
- Overall responsibility for management reporting for your relevant business area.
- Manage and develop the relevant management accounting resource for your business area.
- Understand the key drivers behind the budget / forecast / actual and produce accurate variance analysis for month end reporting.
- Responsible for producing the forecast, with appropriate tracking to actual and MI, and reporting/explaining variances as appropriate.
- Responsible for producing a suite of reports that will support the performance of the business and clearly explain the performance of the unit.
- Work with the business areas to ensure that we understand all of the key drivers for the forecast and have robust tracking in place to control variances.
- Working with internal partners to drive profitable solutions and improvements to new and existing products and processes.
- Maintain and develop key relationships with the business area and the other parts of the business to ensure our strategy remains aligned.
- Ensure that MI production is clear, concise and clearly explains performance.
- Develop, monitor and review trends in performance to ensure the business continues to make the right decisions.
As the successful Finance Business Partner you will be:
- A fully qualified accountant with some commercial finance experience;
- A strong communicator who is comfortable challenging the status quo;
- A strong team player who is happy to roll their sleeves up when required;
- Experienced in the use of ERP accounting systems and have a good grasp of Excel;
- Able to interpret and communicate financial issues to non-finance stakeholders.
The Benefits Package:
The following benefits package is available to the successful Finance Business Partner:
- Salary of £55K - £60K
- Car allowance
- Career progression and development
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76099967