IT Support Engineer Linux Networking - Finance
IT Support Engineer (Linux TCP/IP Networking Juniper Cisco). Hedge Fund that invests in the sports betting markets is seeking a bright, enthusiastic IT Support Engineer with a broad range of knowledge.
You’ll join a cross functional business aligned product team responsible for high value business critical data feed systems that process in near real-time, which are released with high frequency with technology choices that are continuously evolving. Your role will be split between Linux Systems Administration and Networking; you’ll proactively deal with potential technical issues; ensure that support tickets are resolved; identify and introduce new technologies to make improvements and contribute to technical documentation.
The company is technology driven; you’ll be working with modern software development practices such as Agile TDD with Unit testing within a distributed systems, microservices architecture.
Fantastic offices based in a vibrant area of North London with in-house gym and steam room, games room with pool tables and dart boards, library and free high quality catering (breakfast, lunch, dinner) from the onsite chef.
- IT Support experience, ideally in a customer facing role
- Good knowledge of TCP/IP networking and Linux administration
- Strong troubleshooting skills, logical thinker able to keep a cool head under pressure
- Familiar with Juniper network equipment (switches, firewalls, routers); Cisco network equipment, Virtualisation technology (Xen, KVM, VMWare)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
As an IT Support Engineer you can expect to earn a competitive salary (to £50k) plus bonus and benefits package.
Send your CV or call 020 7090 2575 for a confidential discussion about this IT Support Engineer opportunity.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76085007