My client based in SW London is the largest fine art and antique conservation and restoration company in the UK. The company is internationally recognised for its specialist conservation and mount making skills.
They are looking for an experienced Financial Controller to join the team to manage the company's finances and take on full day-to-day responsibility for a finance function. The successful candidate can expect to be promoted to Finance Director within 12 - 18 months.
This is a permanent role but we will consider an interim for an initial contract while the recruitment process is underway.
- Managing accounts staff and supervising day to day accounts processing.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts.
- Preparation of the monthly MI and reporting pack including variance analysis and KPIs.
- Day to day cash flow management and reporting.
- Preparation of annual financial budgets and monthly flexed budgets.
- Working capital management.
- Working with the commercial team, you will assist with commercial matters such as pricing, cost negotiation and project management.
- Overseeing the preparation of VAT and Intrastat returns
- Managing payroll processing (outsourced) and PAYE.
- Development of the financial reporting systems and internal control procedures.
- Strategies to improve gross margin opportunities and cost reduction measures.
- Preparation of annual financial reports.
- Liaising with the auditors.
- Managing Company Secretarial matters.
- Beyond the financial function, there is an opportunity to further develop the company's IT requirements as well as dealing with more general management and administrative matters including HR and Health and Safety.
- Has over 5 years of experience in finance management has a high level of accuracy and numerical skills
- Is proficient in Sage, Excel and Microsoft office
- Has strong organisational skills and has a flexible approach to tasks set
- Is Professional, committed, proactive, innovative and has integrity
- Is a team player and good communicator
- Is ambitious, self motivated and able to identify areas to improve and provide solutions
- Has previous experience in a small to medium sized business
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76079295