Head of Big Data
Our client a leading IT company in Asia is currently looking for a visionary Big Data professional to head their growing Big Data team.
The ideal candidate would have a minimum of 10 years' experience within big data and hands-on experience with some of these big data tools and technologies such as Hadoop, Spark, Hive, Impala, Scala, Avro, Parquet,Sensu, ElasticSearch, Python, Django, Postgres, Vertica, Graphite, Grafana, MSSQL, AtScale and at least 5 years managing sizable teams within an agile environment.
- Lead a team of approximately 5-10 IT (hands on) project managers in the big data group to develop the right culture and methodologies within the teams
- Set the KPIs for the teams and work with team managers to make sure they are met
- Sign off any architecture or design within the teams
- Build the road map for their big data ecosystem and set the milestones and commitment from the teams
- Represent the big data team and products outside the team, collect requirements and push for adoptions of new features.
- Great leadership skills, ability to inspire others and good communication skills
- At least 10 years' experience in software development in agile environment
- At least 5 years' experience in management of development teams
- Experience in architecting large scale systems with preference to big data
- Experience with big data technologies - Hadoop, Cassandra, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Experience troubleshooting problems and working with a team to resolve large scale production issues
- Experience with configuration management systems (e.g. Puppet, Chef, Saltstack, etc) and version control (eg. git, svn)
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Engineering / related field
Role open to both local and international candidates - full relocation and visa sponsorship provided for eligible candidates.
Please send in your CV now to learn more.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76070875