A hands on operational and commercial accountant, this individual will provide key finance support to all functions of the business. A big part of the role will be finance focused, such as forecasting, budgeting, maintenance of costs, as well as financial analysis of the performance of the operational departments. There will also be some tasks which will involve looking at operational KPI's and focusing on how we can use them to commercially improve business performance, challenging the status quo, and bringing improvement ideas to the table.
- Develop budget model and deliver annual budget
- Develop and update relevant forecasts on a quarterly basis
- Finalise monthly management accounts and production of monthly financial reports
- Review and analysis of monthly management information to highlight key issues to management team
- Develop and deliver relevant financial and non-financial management information within deadlines as required
- Produce weekly pipeline reports
- Contract pricing and modelling
- Produce annual financial statements and audit information and act as point of contact for audit and tax advisors
- Various ad-hoc projects as required
- Develop a sound knowledge of company I.T. processes and procedures and act as internal point of contact for escalation of I.T. issues to support desk
- Provide I.T. induction to new starters
Knowledge, Skills, Experience and Training
- ACCA or CIMA qualified as a preference, however ACA Qualified / Finalist Level or Qualified by experience would be considered
- Demonstrable experience in a similar role within a SME
- An enquiring/inquisitive nature, and ability to dig deeper into requests to gain understanding
- Pro-active, self-motivated and experienced in managing multiple priorities
- Advanced Excel skills; ability to manage complex data, Macros and Pivot tables
- Pro-active with strong communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with both finance and non-finance staff across the business, up to board level
- Strong technical grounding, and a good knowledge of balance sheets and cash-flow procedures
- Hold a driving licence and prepared to undertake occasional journeys on Company business.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/75940532