Are you an ambitious, enthusiastic, self-starter? Would you relish the chance to progress your career and work with one of the world's largest (and most famous!) search engines?
Would you like to be based in their innovative London offices, with gym access, subsidised breakfast/lunch, free drinks (non-alcoholic!), and the ability to work in their many themed, comfortable and original working spaces? A good work / life balance is at the top of the priority list for this employer.
Title: UX Researcher
Contract Duration: 12 months starting ASAP
The User Experience (UX) team follows a simple premise: 'Focus on the user and all else will follow.' UX Researchers strive to learn what they need and want from our products and services. As a UX Researcher, you will conduct independent research, analyze real user behaviour and work with interaction designers, product manager and engineers to improve our product features and develop new ones. Your work will focus on a publishing product, and you are encouraged to identify new opportunities for user experience improvements. We strive to connect users to the magic of our products, and your job is to make that connection intuitive and accessible.
- Conduct qualitative research on multiple aspects of how users experience the product
- Working closely with the design team for iterative user testing
- Working with the UX team to turn user insights into actionable recommendations
- Presenting research findings and recommendations to project stakeholders through written reports and oral presentations.
- Demonstrating strong analytical and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly develop recommendations based on quantitative and qualitative evidence
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Science, Experimental Psychology, Anthropology, Information Science or related field or equivalent practical experience.
- 5 years of work experience in an applied research setting
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, including experience integrating user research into product designs and design practices.
- Experience with remote usability testing tools, such as Keynote or UserZoom.
- Internet, search and advertising experience.
- Strong understanding of strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply them during each product phase.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, negotiation and collaboration skills.
Randstad Business Support is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/76067748